• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling weak !

I am 13 days post op after a mini gastric bypass and moving onto puréed/blended diet tomorrow - my question is I feel so weak and tired all of the time and just have no energy to do anything ! Is this a normal part of the op or the liquid diet ? Or am I doing something wrong ? Any advise would be gratefully received ?

Hi pink lady, I'm a week behind you. I don't feel too weak unless I'm doing an activity. E.g. When I go for a walk I can tell I don't have enough 'juice in my tank' :) but pottering about the house isn't too bad. What have you been eating? X

Hi pink lady, I'm a week behind you. I don't feel too weak unless I'm doing an activity. E.g. When I go for a walk I can tell I don't have enough 'juice in my tank' :) but pottering about the house isn't too bad. What have you been eating? X

Mainly soups and natural yoghurt with fruit and milk etc - getting v bored if it, so am looking forward to next stage ! Am finding it hard to drink anywhere near as much as was recommended though. What have you been having ? x

I am a week post op after a band, and Yes I agree the liquid diet does seem to sap you of spare energy
We are lacking Carbs and they are the energy givers..you will feel better on the puree stage
Good Luck xxx

It's quite normal. Just make sure you are resting enough, and keeping your fluids up. Milk has calories as well as fluids so it's a good one. It does get easier, but take it slow.

6 days out from my bypass and I'm still sleeping lots and feel week, I think we've put our bodies through some turmoil :p

6 days out from my bypass and I'm still sleeping lots and feel week, I think we've put our bodies through some turmoil :p

Ha ha yes I guess it is quite a shock to our bodies systems !! Am resting and going to try and drink more - thanks for all your comments - keep well everyone ?

Its normal to feel weak at this point as your body has got to get used to the shock it's just gone through just take it steady and don't try and run before you walk but it will get better and you'll soon have so much more energy than before take care
Mark

Its normal to feel weak at this point as your body has got to get used to the shock it's just gone through just take it steady and don't try and run before you walk but it will get better and you'll soon have so much more energy than before take care Mark

Oh I do hope so Mark, will look forward to that ! x

Its a week for me today since surgery and I feel really well apart from the constant weakness..wish Mushies would come round faster so I can build up some reserve again and feel able to do things I want to do...I think the weakness is something we have to go through for a while :)

Mainly soups and natural yoghurt with fruit and milk etc - getting v bored if it, so am looking forward to next stage ! Am finding it hard to drink anywhere near as much as was recommended though. What have you been having ? x

I've found complan really helps. Can't manage a serving in one sitting but spit it over two. For the record, it really isn't a taste I enjoy (although a lot of people do like the sweet milk shake flavour). I view it as a means to an end. It does give you more energy, definitely worth a try. Good luck, hope it help! X

I've found complan really helps. Can't manage a serving in one sitting but spit it over two. For the record, it really isn't a taste I enjoy (although a lot of people do like the sweet milk shake flavour). I view it as a means to an end. It does give you more energy, definitely worth a try. Good luck, hope it help! X

I started on my blended/purée diet today and had ready brek for breakfast - oh the excitement !! - it was absolutely lush and went down very well. Also had puréed chicken stew for lunch and am feeling better already ! Keep your chins up those still on liquids, won't be long now x

I'm four days out of band surgery. I too feel weak but my whey protein powder has been delivered so im gonna have some of that tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. I only have to be on liquids for one week after that i go to puree, looking forward to monday! x

I'm four days out of band surgery. I too feel weak but my whey protein powder has been delivered so im gonna have some of that tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. I only have to be on liquids for one week after that i go to puree, looking forward to monday! x

Oh that's lucky, I had to do two weeks of liquids - good luck with the whey protein powder, hope it helps. Had some mashed potatoes with some chicken in white sauce for dinner - didn't think something so simple could taste so yummy (as long as you don't look at it in its puréed state !) x

Back