• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feels as if something is stuck

topsy

Yesterday i took my first forceval early in the morning and since then i have had the feeling that something is stuck or lodged in place. I know the capsules are made of a gelli substance to allow them to disolve in the stomach and i would have thought after over 24hrs it should have well and truly gone - but i still have this sensation.

I have managed my fluids and sloppies well and have had no problems in this department. However, yesterday i could only manage 2 tablespoons of my milky weetabix and today only 3 teaspoons. The sensation is very uncomfortable and is also there when i drink fluids.

Should i go on to fluids for a few days and see if it settles itself or should i ring Ana up and see what she says (that would have to be Monday though)

Hope there is a nice easy solution to this uncomfortable situation

Yesterday i took my first forceval early in the morning and since then i have had the feeling that something is stuck or lodged in place. I know the capsules are made of a gelli substance to allow them to disolve in the stomach and i would have thought after over 24hrs it should have well and truly gone - but i still have this sensation.

I have managed my fluids and sloppies well and have had no problems in this department. However, yesterday i could only manage 2 tablespoons of my milky weetabix and today only 3 teaspoons. The sensation is very uncomfortable and is also there when i drink fluids.

Should i go on to fluids for a few days and see if it settles itself or should i ring Ana up and see what she says (that would have to be Monday though)

Hope there is a nice easy solution to this uncomfortable situation

Hi Lesley

There will be others that can advise you better than I can
as I have not had an op...but I would think as you can't get in touch with Ana until Monday...maybe ring NHS direct.

Good luck

(((hugs)))

Sorry you feel umcomfortable, if it contiues it is always a good idea to check with the professionals. What might have happened is that the pill turned when you swollowed it and it 'scraped' the tender part of the back of your throat thus giving you the feeling like it is stuck. Then when you ate and food touched the already tender bit, you felt too full or even a little gag reflex. Sometimes it is helpful to take larger pills in a spoon of sloppy food so as to make it slide down. Also I have heard that baking soda in a touch of water can ease a stuck feeling and help things go down.

Hoping it clears for you soon and keep us informed how you get on.
Nic;)

hi topsy, have you tried a hot/warm drink this always helps me when i feel somethings lodged, hope it goes soon. :confused:

Hi Lesley, Sorry you've got this feeling of somethign being stuck. Its an awful feeling and can make you panicky. The stress it causes may not be helping either so try and relax and maybe it will ease. I'm a bander so can't advise you other than call the nhs direct.
Good luck xxGaynorxx

Everything back to normal today - had a day on fluids and had my weetabix this morning with no after effects - thank you for all your help xx

Glad your ok now x

Back