• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

everything is getting stuck

kphorrox

i am three weeks post op and have been doing very well.
2stone 11 pounds down untill saturday came
everything i eat get stuck i get pains in the chest which causes me to vomit,
its making me nervous putting anything in obviously i dont want to do any damage to my pouch etc.
wondering if i should go back to liquids.
its mainly night time meal this happens
HELP PLEASE:confused:

Hi there, I have had this happen a couple of times, and so the next day kept to mainly fluids or sloppies. I also don't chew enough times and eat too fast, which can make the food get stuck. Try and chew more, and take your time. Hope you don't have too many occasions like this. It is all a learning curve hun xxxx

Hope you feel better soon love, someone will be rallying around you very soon I'm sure... I'm post op but sending you a hug and some love along with it... take good care xxx

Kerry it's very early days yet love What are you eating? I got a pill stuck and that was just awful. Are you on pureed food now?

You'll still be quite swollen inside so anything other than fluids and purees can be a bit difficult. If you do get to the point where you can't even manage puree or fluids, then contact your team immediately. But otherwise try going back onto sloppies for a couple of days and see how you manage.

My surgeon said that if you are going have any problems with a stenosis then it's around the 6 - 10 week stage.

What are you attempting to eat?

Hi Kerry,

If you eating what you have eaten in the past in the same way but you are now finding it getting stuck and then vomiting it back that is not right!!..... Does it feel like a tight pain at the bottom of your breastbone, and then throwing up follows?? If so I think you maywell have a stricture starting, this is where the tube bypassed up to join on to your new pouch chooses to heal closed, as your body is not used to having a hole there it is quite a common complication and easily fixed, contact the hospital and tell them about the problems you are having, I had a stricture which started x2 weeks post op and what they do is they give you an endoscopy and they put a balloon in and stretch it open this may need doing a couple of times before it will stay open.... I had a very stubborn tube which needed x10 stretches but my Journey has not been straight forward since day one but thats just me...

If you are still having this I urge you to speak to the hospital because you could become dehydrated and make things worse if it is that....

Good luck on your Journey!!

Kerry, it sounds more like wind than stuck food. Pouch wind pain is much worse than people imagine! It feels like a knife going through you just under your breastbone. You can prevent it by eating slowly, and taking bites no bigger than a pencil-top rubber. Give it a try, and if it works you'll know it was wind.

hope your feeling better soon sweetpea.... can you ring your team and see what they suggest?.... xxxx

Hi I am still on sloppy mushy pureed food and now 7 weeks out. Can't wait to start eating normal food at the weekend. Hope you things settle down for you soon.

Back