• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sleepy bones... my story

belbouteloup

Hi Gang
Hope you are all well. Just got my pc fixed, praise the lord, so am back.
Had my op (bypass) nearly 3 weeks ago at the chelsea and westminster hospital on Nov 25th. Dont remember much pre op, just that after my last one had been cancelled, i was positive,excited and raring to go !
whewn i woke up my op was deemed a great sucsess, but i just didnt`t feel right, i couldn`t breath properly and felt really really ill. i was taken in for numerous scans ,cat scans,mri, ecg etc and it seems my lungs had collapsed at the base,they then discovererd what appeared to be a pulmonary embilism on my lungs (clot) and to top it off they found liquid around my heart where it shouldn`t be !!! i dont want to frighten anyone, but i guess this forum, is here to tell all our experiances good and bad.
i stayed in hospital for a further 9 days constantly on oxygen and nebulisers and began to feel better as my lungs re inflated themselves. But I couldn`t cope with hospital i couldn`t sleep as there was noise 24/7 and i was exhausted, i just needed to rest. I have two small babies at home and even if it meant laying in bed for a couple of weeks at home it was a million times better than hospital. Luckily i have lots of help with the kids, so i came home , with a bag of medication bigger than santas sack (i have to inject myself twice a day which is the pits, for another couple of weeks,) but it`s worth it to be home !!!! am feeling stronger every day, have to have my heart checked next week. the op seems to be doing it`s stuff though, i was 14 stone 12 when i went in, i am now 13"1, so that`s something to be positive about !!! anyway guys i dont want to put anyone off, it`s just my experience and a rare one at that.
One thing though every time i eat something i seem to experience some kind of weird thing, where i feel sick, then completley exhausted (could it be dumping ?), where i have to turn the lights off and go to sleep, last night i had a small jacket potatoe at 7.30 at 8 started feeling rough, switched the light out at 8pm and woke up at 8 am this morning. Had a small bowl of baked beans at lunch, felt rough again, bad nausea and knackererd and fell asleep for 2 hours, has this happened to anyone else ?
wishing you all the best and look forward to catching up with all you lovely people over the christmas period.
Love as ever

Hi Bellsie, sorry to hear you had such a rough time chick....(((hugs))).....I am nearly five weeks post op and feel sick before during and after I eat at present. As I am struggling to get fluids in (as the weeks have progressed I struggle more) the nurse has said I have mucus in my stomach which wont help with the sickness. Fluids normally wash it away and stop it building up so if its any consolation your not on your own. I think dumping is where its too high in sugar or fat and goes the other way....I was under the impression if you eat too much that makes you feel sick...hope this helps chick and I am sure someone will be along soon to advise you properly....I have started taking anti sickness tablets again in the hope I can increase the fluid and sort it out....who ever said it was the easy option lol...xx

Hey Just wanted to say how sorry for you I feel, with you having a bad time with your Op.
I am so glad You posted this today and not before saturday as that was when I had My Gastric Bypass. (It would Have put me off)
I hope you start to feel much better soon, and well done for your weight loss so far!! X

Belsie, I am so sorry you have had such a rough time- I really hope you start to feel better soon, especially with christmas on the way! At least you are back at home with all your home comforts around you, that must help a bit, but it still totally sucks :(
Sending you loadz of hugz :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:
Xxx Lizzie xxX

thanks for your support guys,feeling much better today,even managed to pick my little girl up from school.joy ! I just get sooo tired after I eat,I just curl up and fall asleep,does this happen to anyone else or know why ? I hate it !

Hiya Bellsie, that happened to me in the early days. I think it is an enegry conservation thing, your body is using all the extra energy you have to digest your food. I think that changes when you food intake increases. It did with me anyway.

HTH
Nic:D

Aww poor you! Hope things pick up for you soon. :)

Back