• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Something stuck in throat?

kelly_333_333

I was wondering if I could get some help please?!

I am 3 weeks post op today and have been on pureed foods for the last week. Yesterday I tried some tiny pieces of chicken in some chickpea dahl but felt like I had food stuck in my throat. I had no pain and wasn't sick but I stopped eating cause I was scared of the feeling. I had an ice lolly and some lemon sorbet last night which went down fine.

This morning I felt fine, I had a milkshake which went down ok and then tried a piece of wholemeal toast with a little pate on it (I've had wholemeal toast ok this week) and have the feeling of it stuck again after only a couple of little well chewed bites.

Does it sound like I have food stuck? Could this be wind? I'm unable to burp since the op!

Hey :)

I'm not sure what the last video you saw was, you can find them all here: YouTube - Lietot

I'll be making another today as I am 3 weeks post op so need to talk about my weight loss!

Hi Kelly, with you being fairly early out it could just be the chicken, even though small pieces, it may have been dense enough to cause a little temporary blockage. Just chew everything to oblivion and wait a few seconds more for each mouthful to fully go down.
I sometimes get that food stuck in the neck feeling now and then and you did the right thing by stopping and allowing it to pass down x

Weirdly even drinks, if I take a biggish gulp without thinking, I get the sensation of it being stuck in my neck and upper chest..just take a pause and I can feel it go down.

When we swallow, I recall (and this is surgery or not) food and drink doesn't just drop down, but is squeezed down the oesophagus by little muscles
(I think that's right)

hi im almost 4 weeks in. and still on mushies till 6 weeks! but im gonna stay on them....body needs to heal.

i think its a learning game this. so many things ive eaten/done wrong. ur band is indivdual to u...find out what suits it and what doesnt.

good luck..and ur vids are fab!

I've just spoken to my provided and been advised to have only warm and hot liquids for three days! Lets hope this helps and resolves it for me.

Thanks for your advice and help guys :)

Back