• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Festival 6wks post bypass Good idea Bad idea

iinklii

We went to the latitude festival last year, and they all want to go again this year. I'm gonna have to buy the tickets soon. Whats the general consensus, would I be completely barking to go. Could I survive on takeaway for 3 days at only 6 weeks out, would you do it? Could you have coped? I haven't told the kids I'm having this op yet
Watcha think??????????
Lizzy:wave_cry:

Hi there, not a bypasser but a bander, but from what I have read here, you will only be on mushy food at that stage....also, you may not be fully healed by then....:(

I am only 2 weeks post op, but I would run shy of a big event at 6 weeks on. I'm hoping to return to my sedentary job at 6 weeks but even that scare me just now! At least there though I can eat properly for the stage I will be at.

Lizzy, in order to answer you properly I need a little more info.

Are you having open or keyhole surgery?

What food stage does your surgeon want you to be at in 6 weeks?

Do you have any major illnesses (co-morbidities) that could possibly prolong you recovery period?

The answers to the above directly impact the answer I would give. I will give you my answer from my experiences and you can go from there.

I had keyhole surgery and was on mostly normal food by the end of week 6 as per my surgeon's instructions. By 6 weeks I was exercising and had plenty of energy to travel etc.

However, I don't feel like I could eat takeaway for three days now at 5+ months. I can have one takeaway and be fine but for all meals over 3 days, no way. Now, if I could bring sandwhich meat, cheese, nuts, fresh fruit & veg to eat I would be okay.

This will be a judgement call for you. And I would recommend if you have any doubts speak to your dietician.

HTH,
Nic;)

I wouldn't entertain it As i had open bypass and couldnt walk up right for 5 weeks

Hi
Thanks for your input.
I'm expecting the op to be laproscopic, Co~morbidities only a bit of hypertension. I have know idea what my surgeon thinks, and I haven't met the dietitian yet. I've got an appiontment to see her..er not till the 11 of May.
I'm thinking now... if I buy the tickets I can send himself and the kids and sell mine on eBay if I dont feel up to it. Or take some cuppa soup or babyfood with. I just have know idea what 6 weeks out could feel like.
Thank you for your help
Lizzy

Back