• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have no idea of a title...

phatmomma

I don't have any idea what to call this thread. Basically it's a chance for me to update on me and my weight loss and my life.... It's probably going to turn into a long one and if i bore you then feel free to go grab a hot drink!

So before surgery i worried that my very new husband would not love me when i shrunk as he is a bbw admirer. Nothing could be farther from the truth (at least i think not). As many of you know i left my family and friends in Wolverhampton and went to live close to my husbands new found family in Wiltshire. Whilst there since April i lost two stone following a slimming club diet and am pleased with it. I can fit into a size 14 from some shops which is a great feeling. I still have a good 2 1/2 stone to go but you know i'm gonna get there eventually.

Anyway, 2 weeks ago i left my husband. I suddenly realised this was not a place i wanted to be in for any more time. I am constantly questioning myself about why. I know i'm 'relieved' to have done it and although i am in not very desirable temporary homeless accomodation i still am glad i did it.

My hubby's new relatives pleaded with me to stay, i think they prefer me to him (well i know it actually) and they were not at all surprised we'd split.

Family and friends have opened their hearts to me and given me honest opinions regarding my husband and i can't argue with them. I finally saw that he wasn't the man i thought i met.

I wonder if i fell for him because i thought i wouldn't find anyone else who wanted to settle down with fat me? I know it's mad because we shouldn't feel like that but we do don't we?

He said i've changed and he is right, i have changed. The old me would take bad service in shops and restaurants because i didn't want to bring attention to me. The new me will tell them my drink is wrong, or the food is cold/burnt. I aint a b**** when i tell them and i always say it nicely, but i want the service i would give them....

So anyway, after all that worrying about a bbw admirer leaving me for a 'fatter' model, it turned out i was the one walking...

I'm sure the road is gonna be rocky before it smooths out and i thank the lord for the friends i've made along the way who have been there for me for the last couple of weeks....

Phatmomma is gonna have to start a whole new chapter!

Julie glad to see you back and wish you well in the future xxxx

Well Julie all I can say is life is not a rehearsal & you need to make the most of what you have. Good on you for having the courage to change things even knowing it was going to be tough for a while .... wishing you all the good luck in the world & hoping you find whatever makes you happy xxx :):)

well Julie, as hard as it is, you have to do whats best for you, and i truly hope that you will be very happy, good luck :) xxx

Julie, what a brave, honest and open post.
I'm glad you've found the courage to do what you feel is best for you - it can't be easy - but I'm sure you'll continue to fly from here on in.
Love and hugs,
Lou
xXx

Julie, your story is so similar to mine - I realised a month after my surgery that I got married to my ex 13 yrs ago because I didnt think anyone else would want me because of my size. I was extremely lonely and unhappy throughout my marriage. Similar to you - when I told my best friend that the marriage was over she told me she wasnt suprised - that to me said it all.

When I decided to tell him I didnt love him anymore and the marriage was over it was tough and the following months have been hard...but I know that I made the right decision for me. I am happier now than I have ever been (obv have some downers too but generally happier),

You will get through this - you're a strong woman - look how far you have come already

Gr8 to have you back xx

Family and friends have opened their hearts to me and given me honest opinions regarding my husband and i can't argue with them. I finally saw that he wasn't the man i thought i met.

So many men turn out not to be! :p

You have made a really brave decision, hope it works out and the following weeks and months get better for you.

Best wishes,
Sharon

Best of luck Hun....making the decision is the biggest step, everything then fits into place and you will get there. Hopefully being homeless the council will find you a new place to call home very soon. Everyone deserves to be happy. I certainly have no regrets on leaving my husband even though at the time my girls were only 2 and 5. Everything sorts !!!! xxx

Thank you my lovelies, it's good to be back xx

Hi Julie,

I always tell my friends and myself there comes a time in life where you have to think about yourself and what you want.
As women we are often focused on others, partners, children, family, friends...

it looks like that time has come for you, so I wish you good luck and whatever happens I hope that you will be happy.

Wendy x

All the best.
Lynne x

Hi Julie, I am sorry to hear about the end of your marriage, it's never easy to walk away from a relationship when you've invested so much time and emotion in it.
I hope you find what you're looking for and you are happy. Sometimes we find we have to kiss a few frogs on the way.
Good luck xx

Hi Julie, I am sorry to hear about the end of your marriage, it's never easy to walk away from a relationship when you've invested so much time and emotion in it.
I hope you find what you're looking for and you are happy. Sometimes we find we have to kiss a few frogs on the way.
Good luck xx

Marie i've kissed some toads and it appears they aren't getting much better.

My daughters (aged 12 & 14) are now responsible for vetting potential suitors. Not that i'm at that stage in my life yet...

Brave decision Julie. I wish you all the best for the future mate xx

Women have 'seasons' in their lives.

Welcome to the summer of yours Julie.

xx

Oy Julie,

Glad you're back.... think I might need ya in a few weeks time....

xxxx

Back