• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Few Things to Ask...

Mrs Quiggle

Just curious really but have noticed these things and wondered if anyone else has had the same.

Before the op, do you remember eating very late at night, maybe after a night out etc. then in the morning when you wake up you feel sort of hollow, a bit acidy and sick. Like low blood sugar sicky and as soon as you eat a piece of toast it goes. Well that's how I feel after I've eaten a couple of bites too much. I don't seem to have any clues that the next bite will be too much, no runny nose or anything but I do get this feeling about 10 mins after eating too much.

I'm asuming this is because I'm too full and not cause I've eaten something that doesn't agree with me, hard to know really.

The other thing which is far too much information but I am still going to the loo every day, regular as clockwork, maybe slightly smaller than pre op but it's always a beige colour. Has anyone elses changed colour. I'm eating the same foods, just more protein and less fat and I would say not much sugar at all as I don't eat sweets, choc, cake, puddings etc any more but it does seem strange that it's softer and beige.

The last thing is that my arms and legs have got really skinny but my tummy is still fat :) It does mean that the knee high boots I had for Christmas are huge on me and I had to buy a NEW pair yesterday :8855:

Kate x

oh hun... maybe you need to check the number 2 colour situation out with the doc... i want t leve you a longer message but ive got to dash out... but will get back to you later xxx

Not sure about no 1 as I'm still pre op .
No 2 , in malapsorption in non wls people their poo is very pale in colour , somewhere between beige & cream , so as we have a degree of malapsorption this could explain the colour of your poos .
No 3 , I tend to lose from the extremities inwards , weird how the body works .
xx

Hiya Kate!

My hands are really skinny, and I have become obsessed with hand cream as they are so dry and feeble!! My poo is pale grey now, or beige at best! Very occasionally I have a normal colour, but not very often! I sometimes feel a bit nauseous after eating, I have just learned to live with it to be honest, it doesn't happen to me very often thankfully. XXX

I now have ankles:eek:

My arms were the first thing I noticed...they've got skinny and I can even see the pores if I dont moisturise well (TMI)

I go to the loo everyday too and the colour is lighter than pre op..I put it down to the calcium tablets I'm taking

As for the tummy feeling I only have a problem if I eat too much or too quickly...then I know about it ..quite uncomfortable. So I try to put my fork down between mouthfuls and concentrate...almost asking "do I want more?!" I do now seem to know when enough is enough. I also plate up smaller amounts, sometimes I over do it and know I've put too much on the plate...but old habits die hard:wave_cry:

Hi Mrs Q, I asked my surgeon about the poo situation because I have the same experience. Apparently it is undigested fat and nothing to worry about.

Calcium lightens the poo and fats make then greasy.They are a lot harder to flush too!

my shoulders are much smaller and my hands i was a bit uspet the other week because my tummy is still big but it's smaller than it used to be so can't complain really xx my poo is often a green colour ? has been all colours of the brown beige spectrum i think :)

mine is black/greeny but I take an iron tablet?

Hi Kate, hon ... don't want to be the harbinger of doom, but Shannon Hilder had this beige poo situation going on & her surgeon said it was a sign of gallstones & it was :wave_cry: may be best to get it checked, lovely :wave_cry: xxx

I never poo anymore. Think they sewed my bum up.
Still don't feel full till it's too late so have to rely on my little side plate to keep me on track.
Arms are skinny from hand to elbow, then still big and flappy at the top. My shoulders are very bony. My bum is a tiny little thing now and I seem to have a massive coccyx ( oo-er misus) that gets sore. Legs are slim from the knee down and half way up my thighs but still fat at the top.
Tummy is very big and baggy but I can hold it up and see I'd be slim and a nice shape if only someone would lop it off lol !!

I never poo anymore. Think they sewed my bum up.
Still don't feel full till it's too late so have to rely on my little side plate to keep me on track.
Arms are skinny from hand to elbow, then still big and flappy at the top. My shoulders are very bony. My bum is a tiny little thing now and I seem to have a massive coccyx ( oo-er misus) that gets sore. Legs are slim from the knee down and half way up my thighs but still fat at the top.
Tummy is very big and baggy but I can hold it up and see I'd be slim and a nice shape if only someone would lop it off lol !!

Bahahaha ... what a lovely picture you paint MT ... you sure you are not looking at my reflection :D:D xxx

Ohh you girls are so funny...next thing is we will have a nail polish colour chart but with your poo colours on...that's all I could visualise while reading your threads!

The lack of bile must also make a difference to poo colour - I have heard this seasons colour is "Elephant breath" F & B nicked the name from the poo colour chart !!

I can't wait to have skinny hands and ankles, at the moment my legs look like they have been in a giant pencil sharpener...
xx

I'm the shame with the shades of poo lol...... i was never regular before the op and now its got soooo much better. Each day its a different colour but i try not to worry about it!
I sometimes eat to quickly.... if i do this then i dont know im full until its too late and i am then left feeling very sick with a pain in my chest area..... this isnt often thankfully.
xxx

Back