• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Figuring it Out

Bellydancer57

Having been through the mill trying to introduce new foods & textures & the correct protein levels, I find it interesting to discover that I have 2 distinct feelings. First one & horrible is the pain & discomfort of a small amount of food that I can't tolerate e.g. Rice, bread, eggs. Feeling like I need to vomit it up. Second one, nowhere near as bad - feeling of fullness, no pain, just feeling that I've eaten too much.
Both I am trying to avoid in my daily routine but funny how the body tarts to tell you different thing but you need to listen!

Thanks for this post? I've just had my first lesson in listening to advice! I have eaten a whoe tin of soup quite quickly. As I type I am feeling more than a little yuk! Lesson learnt but like drinking I'll probably do it again once is discomfort has passed. T xxx

Poor you. Hope you feel better soon.

This is too right, as I found out when I tried a little fish today, and I love fish...:cry:
The thing I find hard is knowing when I'm full! I think in the past I've slipped past full and gone straight to stuffed, and now I'm having to learn to stop before I get to that point. I'm also struggling with feeling hungry - I know sleevers aren't s'posed to feel that anymore, but I get this feeling and I don't know what it is.... Not sure if it's hunger, :confused: though I get it not long after I've eaten sometimes, is it thirst,:confused: wind, :confused:...
I s'pose I'm still a new sleever, so will learn all the different feelings, but it's the hardest part for me.

This is too right, as I found out when I tried a little fish today, and I love fish...:cry:
The thing I find hard is knowing when I'm full! I think in the past I've slipped past full and gone straight to stuffed, and now I'm having to learn to stop before I get to that point. I'm also struggling with feeling hungry - I know sleevers aren't s'posed to feel that anymore, but I get this feeling and I don't know what it is.... Not sure if it's hunger, :confused: though I get it not long after I've eaten sometimes, is it thirst,:confused: wind, :confused:...
I s'pose I'm still a new sleever, so will learn all the different feelings, but it's the hardest part for me.
Hi
Us sleevers do still feel hunger, we'd fade away to nothing if not, about 70% of the ghrelin hormone was removed and it cant "grow" back.
I found once i got past the 2 month mark the lack of hunger really kicked in, and that was when i was back on a normal diet.
It probably is a bit of hunger your feeling or maybe thirst, just have something to eat (protein if poss) your only a month out so your calorie intake will still be quite low and healing is still taking place.

Kim

Back