• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fills - kings college hospital, Denmark hill

mamakiso

Hi

I was banded on the NHS in December and have so far lost 3 stone through sheer will power and good food choices because i have absolutely no restriction, but no weight loss since my last fill. I was directly under the head bariatric consultant nurse for 6 months but now been moved to the general clinic for further fills.

Here is where the problem starts and I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issues. My last fill was April 19th (moved from 12th April), I'm 7.5ml in 14ml; my next appointment was 7 June, got a letter in April to say it had been moved to 4th July which for me was not good. Got another letter today saying its now been moved to 8 August. This will mean I will be about 4months without a fill and with no restriction!

Is anyone else experiencing the same problems with kings college hospital and what is the solution? Will power is all used up now during the first 6 months!

Thanks

Anne

Last edited:
Mamakiso that is absolutely ridiculous. You have done really well to lose 3 stone by sheer will power. Have you thought of contacting PALS at Kings?
Good luck and I hope you manage to get this sorted swiftly.

Mamakiso that is absolutely ridiculous. You have done really well to lose 3 stone by sheer will power. Have you thought of contacting PALS at Kings?
Good luck and I hope you manage to get this sorted swiftly.

Crazy Lady thanks. Haven't contacted anyone yet, wanted to know if it was just me or a genera problem. I am considering next steps but may try PALS as you have suggested.

Thanks

I had the same problem, but I was at The Whittington. Took me 9 months to get 5mls in a 10ml band, and I'm putting on weight. I found PALS really helpful.

Good luck and don't give up x

I had the same problem, but I was at The Whittington. Took me 9 months to get 5mls in a 10ml band, and I'm putting on weight. I found PALS really helpful.

Good luck and don't give up x

Gnomes I believe it's simply a waste of tax payers money if they won't give us fills regularly. Yes, the band is an aid but if we had that much willpower to lose weight without it, we wouldn't need it. The NHS gives us the operation and then abandons us midway and they wonder why it fails for so many people. It is in my opinion simply shambolic. The bariatric nurse keeps telling me appointment are like gold dust, if they're a problem don't they think it should be addressed.

Forgive the rant, it is not directed at you, it's jus so frustrating!

Thanks

Anne

Sorry you are having problems ladies! aftercare is so important with a band.

At the end of the day if you qualify for nhs bariatric surgery, you surely are entitled to the aftercare that is required.

I hope you get somewhere with PALS xx

I totally agree Mamakiso and I know the rant isn't aimed at me.

I get so frustrated with the whole system, I keep asking to speak/see the dietitian and 14 months down the line the only person I see is the nurse.

My band is obviously not working, as I am putting on weight and feel no restriction what so ever.

I have got to that point, where I think the whole op was a complete waste of time and money for me, as I have to pay to travel to London every time, which for me a 5/6 hr round trip.

Back