• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Kings College Hospital, London

Serapis Bey

Hi, has anyone had WLS at Kings College Hospital?

I met with my Surgeon, Dr.Chang at the beginning of July. She told me that there would be a 6 month wait until the operation & I signed the consent form. But I haven't been given a date yet.

I had an appointment with the dietitian 2 weeks ago about the post & pre op diets. Does this mean that my op will be sooner rather than later?

Has Dr.Chang operated on anyone here? It would nice to hear about your experiences :)

Last edited:
didnt wanna read and run hope someone comes along soon to help...... i have heard people mention that surgeon so hopefully there ll be along soon... sounds like the op is sooner rather than later hey x

Thanks Kelly :)

Glad that my surgeon is known on this board

Bump :)

I had my pre op about 4 weeks prior to surgery so the op could be sooner rather then later, but I dont know how ur provider works...... good luck anyway xx

Those of you who have done Kings College how long should it be before I get another letter?

I went on the 14th Dec and was told that they would do a gastric bypass. How long should I be waiting for another letter?

Hi,

It depends on what stage you are on.
My 1st appointment in kings college was in February to see someone in Dr.Alwyns clinic. She basically asked me questions & assessed whether I was suitable for the op.

I was sent a letter 2-3 weeks later saying that she'd recommended me to the surgery team.

I then had to have a blood test & do the sleep study for sleep apnoea. That was in May.

I finally met with my surgeon in June, who put me on her waiting list, I had to sign a big green form.

I saw the dietician in August.

I still haven't received a letter with a date. I've called my surgeons secretary who's told me I should be allocated a date at the end of the month to be operated on in February.

I have been told that Dr.Chang has a large backlog of patients.

So to answer your question - if you've met with the surgeon, I would say it will take at least 7 months for the op.

If you've had your 1st meeting with someone in the hospital, you should receive another letter within 2 to 3 weeks.

Good luck!

I'm gonna add two weeks to that 2-3 weeks for xmas holidays and post issues etc...

It sounds like we were seen around the same time. I was referred to Kings, having been referred originally in March 2010 to Swanley Hospital. They agreed I should have WLS and referred me to Kings. I had my first appointment with Ms Chang on 22 December. We decided on the Gastric Sleeve and I signed the consent form there and then. She told me the waiting list was approximately 6 months. I then went and had bloods done. I had an appointment in January for breathing and sleep apnoea tests and am now just waiting. I rang the hospital a couple of weeks ago and was informed that the waiting list has now gone from the 6 months I was promised to 9 months and very possibly longer. So I have written to Ms Chang this week to find out exactly how long the wait is and what I can expect to happen next.

Back