• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fills post pregnancy

lolalou

Hi I am looking for some advice from mums who have had babies after having a band.

I have a 14ml band but only had it in three months before I fell pregnant so only ever got up to 8ml and didn't feel restriction, I had it emptied at the beginning of my pregnancy and randomly food started to stick and I struggled with bread etc which was never a problem before, I was told pregnancy hormones can affect the band and afterwards you often don't need as much saline in.
Just wondering if anyone has any advice on how much they had at the first fill as I'm nervous of having too much as the clinic is so far away. My daughter is four weeks and I go in a week for my first fill.
Thanks

I had my band emptied in pregnancy and it was never same after and I think the pregnancy is what knowcked mine out of place but on topic my first fill was about 4 mls but I live in same town as my clinic so was able to have defills as needed, iv not heard about hormoans affecting it if im honest , id say go for half of what you were on you defill or a little less and build up your body is still adjusting to the band and to being post pregnancy.

How did you know yours was out of place? That's been a big worry of mine that pregnancy would damage it and I wouldn't know x

How did you know yours was out of place? That's been a big worry of mine that pregnancy would damage it and I wouldn't know x

I had may band nearly 2 yrs befor I was pregnant so i couldn't get restriction like i used to have it and i was getting chronic heartburn reflux

Hi Leah! They filled me doing 3ml, 2ml and half ml. I now have half ml more than pre baby...but it feels nice n restricted at last

I'm 8.5 in an 11ml band x

When I first had the band the first fill they did was 5ml that's why I wanted to check, I'd rather they did it slower if needs be but just didn't have a clue if its different after pregnancy much. I do remember the nurse telling me you don't need as much post baby. I suppose everyone is different and ill just have to find out. Might ask for less than five for the first one though. But if I have five and its too much the drink afterwards won't go down easy will it so i would know straight away? X

Hi lola my fill last wk was too much and i new before i left the clinic cause i cound'nt get the water down, very weird but straight away nicola took a little out and felt much better.
You must try water and a hot drink and dont leave till your 100% sure its gone down easy.
Hows things going with baby.?

Will do mimi. I always take a bottle of water but will try a hot drink too. All well here with baby. She's given me industrial strength grey hair through sleepless nights that hair dye won't cover but she's worth every minute.

Back