• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fills with WLS Group??

coralie

Having read about others having the gastric band fills, there seems to be alot of variation.

I am with WLS Group, who do not administer fills under x-ray...I think their method is little and often?

Anyone know approx. how many mls they put in?

Also, I was wondering what the size differences on the band were? I think my band was 10ml.

Thanks for any advice or help! :)

Hi Coralie

Your right they only do xray fills if medically required. You can have your fill adjusted as often as fortnightly to get a good restriction but not all clinics offer this ie I go to b'ham and they only have a fill clinic once a month. London have them once a fortnight.

And your right about the other bit too, they prefer not to put too much in - small fills to make sure you can still eat and work with the band rather than have too much restriction so that you cannot eat normal food and resort to slider foods.

My band is 9mils.

Hope this helps!

Ha ha just replied to your post on my diary thread! dont worry I will let you know as soon as I can! x

I have a 9ml band with a 5ml fill. I had my 1st fill last thursday under x-ray. I feel a little more restriction now and the weight has started to drop again so I'm happy with that. Maybe a little more will do the trick to get me to the "sweet spot". I have to go back in 3 months and if I need another fill to let them know before hand.

Back