• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS Group - Chelsfield Hospital Mr E-Hasani ??

GuRlyGiRL

Live Laugh Love
Hiya, I am thinking of having my gastric band through WLS Group. My nearest hospital is Chelsfield Hospital in Kent and I was just wondering if you've had experience at this hospital and how the staff are. I have read that Mr Shamsi El-Hasani is not very friendly :confused:

He certainly doesn't have much of a bedside manner - but he's an excellent surgeon

I'm so nervous !! Eeek I have got my appointment with Mr Shamsi El-Hasani on Friday night, I've heard that he is very rude.

Thanks Kat & Rose, yes that all that matters really...after all he isnt gonna have a cuppa with me LOL. Im just nervous cause of all the things I have read about him.

Thanks Janzz, I think you the only person who has said that he is lovely haha. When/where do you have your op xxx

I'm having a bypass on Sunday at Chelsfield, as long as the ole liver has shrunk enough, all the team there were friendly and extremely nice, I was still there when they started the support meeting, so saw lots of banders and bypassers and all spoke positively about him and Chelsfield, yay countdown begins x

I meet him last Friday, he was lovely, very pleasant and smelt divine lol. Good luck

Really ? :eek: Are we talking about the same surgeon ?!!!

Yes RoseA, I was really apprehensive after reading about him but he was lovely, he's straight down the line and very pleasant or maybe i just caught him on a good day lol.

Gurly girl, I had my bypass with him on the 26th September at the chelsfied and the whole team there are wonderful. Mr El Hassani isn't the most chatty man i've met but he's a fab surgeon and know's what he is doing and very professional. Good luck and go for it!!!

Mr El Hasani was a perfect gentleman to me. He clearly knows what he's doing and is a very polite and pleasant man. I get the impression being a private patient made a difference, most of the postings moaning that he's not that nice seem to be from NHS patients. I know this should not make a difference but !!!!!

The staff at the Chelsfield were helpful and very caring. I felt safe and really looked after. I got 24-7 care and did not want for anything.

The WLS Group as a whole were very good too.

I'm having a bypass on Sunday at Chelsfield, as long as the ole liver has shrunk enough, all the team there were friendly and extremely nice, I was still there when they started the support meeting, so saw lots of banders and bypassers and all spoke positively about him and Chelsfield, yay countdown begins x

Best of luck for Sunday Jan - don't worry about that teeny tiny liver of yours, it will be fine xxxxx

Hi, Im with Rose !! not a pleasant man but i think its a very good point about him being nice if youre a private patient although i think if thats true its disgusting !!
Also i didnt know there was a support group at chelsfield ??? i would have liked to have gone to that :( xxx

Hi, Im with Rose !! not a pleasant man but i think its a very good point about him being nice if youre a private patient although i think if thats true its disgusting !!
Also i didnt know there was a support group at chelsfield ??? i would have liked to have gone to that :( xxx

My thoughts exactly... and as for the support group, why don't we have one at Farnborough ???!!!

Thinking of you, all the best wishes for Sunday...im having my done next Sunday at Chelsfield. Keep me update, if you can xxx

Mr El Hasani was a perfect gentleman to me. He clearly knows what he's doing and is a very polite and pleasant man. I get the impression being a private patient made a difference, most of the postings moaning that he's not that nice seem to be from NHS patients. I know this should not make a difference but !!!!!

The staff at the Chelsfield were helpful and very caring. I felt safe and really looked after. I got 24-7 care and did not want for anything.

The WLS Group as a whole were very good too.

Thanks FatAgain...I was waiting for you to reply because I remembered from your last post you mentioned you had your op at Chelsfield. Eeek I have to be there at 7am !!

Back