• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fills

chappers

Can I ask you banders, does it hurt when you have a fill? Im a bit unsure f the procedure and exactly what it entails.

i dont know as im only 3 and a half weeks post op but im sure someone will be along to answer your question soon! x

For me, not at all, I've had 3 so far and it's a doddle...
Once she couldn't find my port and was in and out and it still didn't hurt..

It didn't hurt for either of mine. I see the dietician first for a chat, then I talk to the nurse. She weighs me, then we discuss what the dietician has put on my notes and how big a fill is appropriate.
The nurse has me lie down on the tilty chair and unfasten my trousers. She finds the port (no issues the first time, bit of poking last time) and wipes the skin with an antibacterial wipe.
When she actually injects she gets me to raise my feet a couple of inches, and that takes so much effort I've never felt the needle!
The first time she checked how much was already in the band, so it took a couple of seconds longer, but it was still really quick. She then gets me to sit up and drink some water, to check it goes down ok. Once she's happy everything is ok she puts a dressing on over the injection site, she fills in my card while I fasten my trousers and we make the next appointment.

All very quick and painless:)

mine have usually been pretty easy except when port a bugger to find front of and then can be a little sore, but usually lay down raise feet pop needle in do fill sit up with needle in situ drink a bit of water to test restriction then either adjust fill or take needle out its easy peasy have had loads of them

Ive had 9 and a defill. The defill was fine and 7 fills were totally ok and pain free, two of the others were painful and they had to use 5 or 6 needles in one case because they couldn't find/get into the port.

My first one was one, although it was the pressing down which hurt more than the needles, I don't find even if they cannot find the port that the needles hurt.

Had my first fill on Monday and it wasn't painful at all. It's much easier than when they take a blood sample!

Just had to lie on the couch with my hands behind my head and she found the port straight away.

She checked how much fluid was in the band, added some more, put a dressing over it and that was that.

Thanks guys. I used to have to inject myself in the tummy so I should be ok. Looking forward to getting my consultation over with tomorrow.

Back