• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 Month Weight Management

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
I live in manchester under the Salford PCT
they say that you must be on the weight management program for a minimum of 6 months
does anyone know what this entails ?
I have my first appointment next Tuesday with a dietician.
what will I be asked or do I need to take anything
Will I have to go every week ?
Sorry I knwo too many questions
xx

i did weight management at hope hospital and it involved lipotrim!!! the most vile stuff in the planet. i had to go weekly to get weighed and get my delicious packets of food!!! you might be doing something different though think everywhere is different x

Hi and welcome to minis. My PCT rejected my first referral stating I should attend 2 years weight management. My GP wrote back straight away saying that I had been attending the surgery for over two years trying various methods, reductil, orlistat and that I had attend a clinic that ran a 6 week course (meeting once a week) to talk about food and eating habits etc. There was no need for me to then attend a weight management clinic. It might be different for you, the one thing thats comes out of these posts is that two people could go to the same hospital and still the process could be different for them. Good luck it is not an easy journey....xx

Thanks girls
the thought of going on Lipotrim is not a nice one, nor is the thought of waiting 6 months.
I have been on Xenical all in all for around 3 years with a break of 9 montsh whilst pregnant (due to losing weight)
I have joined a gym have a food diary which I have kept for over a month
I get weighed every 2 months by a nurse
What more can they possibly want
I have a BMI of 45 for god sake

should I take anything with me on Tuesday to show them how commited I am or will it make no difference.
xx

Tammy the weight management clinic at hope no longer use lipotrim Dr weincov retired and dr new took over and he does a 300 cal diet whilst using reductil. I had been refered by my gp thinking that it would be lipotrim for me but was very surprised when told that i needed the surgery,

That sounds hopeful. I have been on reductil once though and found it made me moody but will try again if needed or stay on xenical.
I have to go to one in Walkden, not sure why Hope Hospital is nearer.
thanks girls
xxx
i am now addicted to this site

if anyone does go on lipotrim you will defo loose the weight,i lost 6 stone in 6 months.the hardest part is keeping weight off,cos i am back on it again after gaining 3 stone

That's what I find with these types of diets, they are great for getting the weight off but not so good at keeping it off. I also think the people that follow them deserve a medal I for one could never follow such a strick regime and admire folk that do...xx

I have just been on the phone to the PCT and they told me to write everything down, If you get in touch with PALS at your local hospital they can appeal against the decision and act as an advocate on your behalf, 2 women were i work were given funding after using Pals and appealing the original decision.
You obviously may already know this information.

Good Luck
Keep us posted

Helenxxxx

Back