• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finally got my op date!

Peachie

After 3 years of waiting I have finally got a date for my op. It will be on 5th Sep, by which time I will have been on my pre-op diet for 16 weeks. I am so happy I could cry, I was beginning to think I would never get a date!

Great news well done...It took me 3 years too it doesnt seem real when you finally get that date does it.. but it is and you will soon be enjoying your new life x

Thanks, everyone keeps asking if I'm scared! But I just can't wait, I know I will be eating even less after the op, but after 12 weeks of the pre-op diet I am definitely ready for the next step.

Am so pleased for you hun, you can be my mentor lol, hope wont be far behind you x

Oh congratulations that will fly by!! Good luck :) x

No, and I never thought I would be this excited about having an operation! Booked in for pre-op on tues, just hope this next week doesn't drag too much!

Good luck, Peachie :) Just out of curiosity, was this a self imposed 12 week pre op diet or one your bariatric team gave you? I have only seen people refer to a 4 week diet at most ... well done for sticking to it x

The team gave it to me, will have been on it 16 weeks by the time I have op. I was 35stone to begin and they wanted me to lose 2 1/2 stone before the op. I guess they thought it would take me longer than it did! It has really prepared me for life after surgery though, and even when I have been stressed I haven't turned to food for comfort, so I think it has also put my head in the right place too!

Back