• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hooooowwwww Lonnnngggg?

well I emailed them and the secretary stated that most patients are now waiting at least a year to see the consultant. So I am now just looking at this as the norm and just keep going.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I was told yesterday that Im looking at may2012 now :( in nov 2010 education centre,feb 2011 1st nurse and dietian target given August 2011 target met and had gastroscopy on nov the 8th 2011 put on waiting list so by may it will be a year an half I've waited. :( I'm at sunderland x

Waiting sucks and I feel your pain, but we have to realise there is only so much money/theatre time available and I guess other people are in front of you in the queue. By all means call them to check if they might have made a mistake with your new appointment, or to ask for an explanation for the delay, but though I really hope you get sorted as soon as possible I'm not a great fan of people trying to jump the queue

I can understand the frustration we sometimes feel about Private patients getting seen earlier, but without the income from private patients many hospitals would have less money to spend on NHS procedures, and the queues for NHS operations would be even longer as the lists filled up with the additional people.

From what I've read and heard the average time scale for WLS is two years. Good luck with it hope you get better news in the new year

unfortunatley Sunderland is one of the busiest hospitals regarding wls ops, we now have 4 surgeons thats working all the possible hours to keep the waiting times down, its just a matter of being patient and your time will come. Feel free to come along to my support group though as talking to others that undertstand can be helpful and support pre op is some times just as important as post op. Dont frett your time will come.

Liz x

unfortunatley Sunderland is one of the busiest hospitals regarding wls ops, we now have 4 surgeons thats working all the possible hours to keep the waiting times down, its just a matter of being patient and your time will come. Feel free to come along to my support group though as talking to others that undertstand can be helpful and support pre op is some times just as important as post op. Dont frett your time will come.

Liz x

Hi liz,

Where do u have your support groups I'd love to come x

Hi liz,

Where do u have your support groups I'd love to come x

Hi race, there's a thread on here for the support group just search Sunderland support group and you will find it.

It's held at SRH in the education department x

Hi Race, we meet once a month, our last meeting of 2011 is on Nov 24th, in the Education Centre st SRH, we meet in our seminar room from 6-8pm, please come along and meet some of our pre and post op patients, we are also having a christmas night out on Dec 3rd, if you need more info just ask me xxx

Hi Race, we meet once a month, our last meeting of 2011 is on Nov 24th, in the Education Centre st SRH, we meet in our seminar room from 6-8pm, please come along and meet some of our pre and post op patients, we are also having a christmas night out on Dec 3rd, if you need more info just ask me xxx

thanks liz ,i might be a little late because my partner doesn't get in till 6pm and i don't drive. also would love to come to the xmas night out ,im alittle nervous as its my 1st time but it will be great to meet other people who are going through the same thing xxx:)

thanks liz ,i might be a little late because my partner doesn't get in till 6pm and i don't drive.
thats ok dont worry we are there till 8pm :)
also would love to come to the xmas night out ,im alittle nervous as its my 1st time but it will be great to meet other people who are going through the same thing xxx:)

theres a few newbies coming to this months meeting, dont be nervous we dont bite, everyone is lovely that attends, your parnter is very welcome to also attend with you, we dont allow children to attend though, im also on facebook if you want to add me click the face book icon to the left near my profile piccy x

http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-meetings-support-groups/105479-sunderland-support-group-38.html

theres a few newbies coming to this months meeting, dont be nervous we dont bite, everyone is lovely that attends, your parnter is very welcome to also attend with you, we dont allow children to attend though, im also on facebook if you want to add me click the face book icon to the left near my profile piccy x

http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-meetings-support-groups/105479-sunderland-support-group-38.html
lol ok i have just added you :) i will have someone looking after my little boy so it will be just me and my partner cant wait to meet everyone :) x Natalie

lol ok i have just added you :) i will have someone looking after my little boy so it will be just me and my partner cant wait to meet everyone :) x Natalie

It will be nice to meet you too. X

Last edited:
lol ok i have just added you

:) just got back in and ive accepted your friends request, i have my own support group page on facebook it is a secret page for those that dont want people knowing about there surgerys for various reasons, would you like to be added there too ?
:) i will have someone looking after my little boy so it will be just me and my partner cant wait to meet everyone :) x Natalie

See you soon !

Liz x

Back