• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fingers crossed!

novamay

Born Free
Hope that the scales show some movement tomorrow...erm... in the right direction that is ;)

Seeing Kim tomorrow at SRH for my 3 month checkup. Bit nervous as I haven't been weighed for a while as I threw my scales out.

I've gone down a couple of dress sizes for tops and pants and have been swimming like a mad woman 3 to 4 times a week since April. I've been fairly good in eating too; much smaller meals in general and only had a few treats - nothing near to what I was eating pre-balloon! I feel fitter but not necessarily any 'thinner' than I did in March.

I'm also going to speak to Kim about the psych's suggestion of a second balloon - see what she thinks. I've been doing some thinking about this and I can understand his angle re: seeing if I can make permanent changes to my lifestyle, rather than having surgery; (arrgh - been there done that a thousand times!) but I know that I'm a slow loser: I have an underactive thyroid and polysistic ovaries that make it really difficult to lose weight never mind keep it off; and I know that I might never lose the weight I need to without surgery to make any significant difference to my health and conditions.

So, I have a target weight loss in mind - its not massive and should be achieveable - but if I haven't reached it after the first balloon I don't think a second one's going to get me there and I will tell psych that I want to go ahead with the surgery - sooner rather than later as I don't know how long I will be allowed to remain 'on the books' or if there is a time limit to the funding?

Good luck for tomorrow, it's sounds like you've done really well so far.

I'm hoping to have the spatz balloon soon - I would like to lose 4-5 stone.

Elaine x

If you're dropping dress sizes, then you should be losing pounds too so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Sounds like you've really thought it through and like you say you've tried losing weight in the past but it gets to a point where surgery is the only option left. Best of luck tomorrow x

Back