• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Finishing tier 3 at Luton :)

Jessyrose

Hi everyone!

I’m 27 from Essex with two beautiful little ones! Battled with my weight all my life, slimming world worked for a bit but after my kids there was no hope :( my sister in law said a friend had enquired about WLS with her doctor and I should look into it too.
I saw my GP expecting to be laughed at or simply told no. To my shock the gp was amazing and did everything she could really quickly. Long story short I started on the 6 month programme tier 3 in June and my last appointment is January 25th where I’ve been told I’ll see a dietician as normal and a consultant. She said after that a decision will be made and I’ll have an ECG.

She also mentioned my funding is already in place so that helps cut out a lot of waiting time, just wondering how long where people waiting for surgery if they already had their funding? Xxxx

Hi everyone!

I’m 27 from Essex with two beautiful little ones! Battled with my weight all my life, slimming world worked for a bit but after my kids there was no hope :( my sister in law said a friend had enquired about WLS with her doctor and I should look into it too.
I saw my GP expecting to be laughed at or simply told no. To my shock the gp was amazing and did everything she could really quickly. Long story short I started on the 6 month programme tier 3 in June and my last appointment is January 25th where I’ve been told I’ll see a dietician as normal and a consultant. She said after that a decision will be made and I’ll have an ECG.

She also mentioned my funding is already in place so that helps cut out a lot of waiting time, just wondering how long where people waiting for surgery if they already had their funding? Xxxx
Hi there, I had my op back in April of this year. I also was on the 6 month programme, I was exactly a year to the day getting my op from 1st appointment on 16th April 2018 to surgery date 17th April 2019. My tier 3 ended in the October 2018, I had an appointment with the Surgeon at end of March 2019, who gave me a date for practically two weeks later, I wasn't expecting that, as I was told it would be 6 months later! I had to have my pre op there and then and some of it over the phone the following week as time was so short lol. My surgeon was Mr. Jambulingham, but each surgeon works on different times scales and in different ways, so it's hard to say how your journey will go, but good luck, it's coming, you shouldn't be waiting too much longer now x

Hi there, I had my op back in April of this year. I also was on the 6 month programme, I was exactly a year to the day getting my op from 1st appointment on 16th April 2018 to surgery date 17th April 2019. My tier 3 ended in the October 2018, I had an appointment with the Surgeon at end of March 2019, who gave me a date for practically two weeks later, I wasn't expecting that, as I was told it would be 6 months later! I had to have my pre op there and then and some of it over the phone the following week as time was so short lol. My surgeon was Mr. Jambulingham, but each surgeon works on different times scales and in different ways, so it's hard to say how your journey will go, but good luck, it's coming, you shouldn't be waiting too much longer now x

Thank you so much for replying ❤ I’m so nervous and excited!!! It’s gonna be a really positive year!! Xxx

Hi everyone!

Hiya, I had my bypass in April 2018 I was on a 1 year assessment and in total from first appointment to surgery it lasted 22 months, my time line is at the bottom of my signature, my surgeon was Mr. Jain who was fantasti, I think the way they do things has changed a lot since my journey begun but however long you have to wait it will be worth itm use your waiting time to research absolutely everything you can regarding your surgery, keep in touch xx

Back