• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

first appointment over with/change of hospital

charlie26

Hiya all

Yesturday i went for my first appointment,it was to make sure that i would be mantally able to handle the life changing surgery and to see wether there were any other issues ie bulimia (sp?)depression etc etc ...apparently this assessment is part of the pct's procedure.
I got the go ahead!!!

I also phoned my PCT just now and actually spoke to the man that makes the decisions!!! he was very nice and very helpful! He explained that my doctor will apply for funding on my behalf and that i would be referred to either the imperial (never heard of it~) or Chelsea & westminster because chichester have had to put their waiting list on hold due to the amount of referrals!!
Sorry if none of that makes sense but wanted to share it with any one that will listen LOL (i think ive bored the hell outta my hubby already!!LOL)

xxxxxx

That is wonderful! I am so pleased for you.

Good luck Charlie, I hope you get your next appointment soon. It all sounds as if its going through nicely. Mxx

woohoo well done on the go ahead xxx

i would be referred to either the imperial (never heard of it~) or Chelsea & westminster because chichester have had to put their waiting list on hold due to the amount of referrals!!
xxxxxx
Hi

I think you will find that the Imperial is Charing Cross in Hammersmith.

Good luck!

Congrats hun!! Oh and don't ever worry about making sense!! None of my posts ever do!! And these lovely people still reply!!! Hahahaha!!

I will say this of everyone in this forum.....no matter how many times to same/similar topics come up, everyone gets just as excited for EVERY new person!!!

Have you started a diary or blog???

Well done and good luck on your weight loss surgery journey.

Rebirth

Congrats on getting the go-ahead Charlie. I too was supposed to originally go to Chichester but have been moved to Charring Cross in Hammersmith which is the Imperial College hospital. My first appointment there is on 9th Oct so you never know - we could bump into each other at some point!

Back