• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First appointment with surgeon after surgery

Alia

Good evening all.

Tomorrow is my first appointment with my surgeon since I've had my surgery and I'm a little nervous about it. I hope I've lost enough weight and if I've been doing the right things.

The other thing I'm wondering about it my appointment is 4 weeks after surgery and I've noticed other people tend to have the appointment a few weeks further on than that. I'm thinking maybe its because my surgery was really complicated by a previous surgery and it took 5 and a half hours instead of the usual 2 to 2 and a half. Any one else seen their surgeon so early on?

On top of this I'm quite excited as Wobbles has her appointment tomorrow morning too at the same time as mine so we will get chance to meet up and go for coffee, its always nice to put a face to a name online.

Alia xxx

I wouldn't worry if I was you, it looks to me as if you are doing more than fine!

I had my first appointment exactly 4 weeks after surgery too, so I think it depends on the surgeon, available appointments, etc.

Have a fab time with Wobbles & enjoy your coffee!

Let us know how you get on. My next (2nd) follow-up appointment, with blood tests, is on January 15th - I'll start compiling my list of questions & quibbles now I think, ha!

good luck alia, i think your surgeon will be more than happy with your progress. I can only guess that your appointment is early due to christmas holidays - better they see you early to pick up any probs rather than leave you waiting all over xmas holidays worrying.

My first appointment should of been 6 weeks after surgery but I ended up seeing him after 5, I think it just with the run up to christmas and his schedule as my appointment should of been on wednesday at Spire but it was changed to tuesday at Spire due to his committments....dont worry all will be fine...x

Hi all, I'm back from my appointment and as you all wisely said everything is fine, my weightloss is bang on target and he was very happy with how things are going.

He checked over my wound and on one of the really open bits he kind of lanced it (urggggh) but did n't hurt a bit and said it should heal nicely now.

Got to go back in 3 weeks so he can see how my wound is healing.

Did n't get to see wobbles :( her appointment must have been later than she thought but there will be other times.

Alia xxx

So glad that your wound is better and your doc isn't concerned. What a relief! Well done on your weight loss, you are really on your way now.

Take care.:D

Hey Alia,

Sorry about this morning. My appointment was at 10:45 and i ended up being late, got there at 11, only to sit around waiting for an hour. And then i didn't get to see Mr Pollard anyway.

It was a complete waste of time! I saw one of this doctors, who didn't let me ask any questions. He checked my wound which he was impressed with, gave me blood test forms and sent me on my way. Only to find out once we got back to the carpark we'd been given a parking ticket. So in all, it took us 2 hours, and cost us 30 quid just to do something i could've done at the GP's.

I have however, lost 4 stone, which they were quite impressed with.

I'm glad you appointment went well and i hope your wound is sorted for good now. I don't have another appointment with him for 4 months now, so we'll have to meet up in the new year for a chat, coffee and let the boys run wild together.

xxx

[quote=wobbles;1147833]Hey Alia,[/quote]

Sorry about this morning. My appointment was at 10:45 and i ended up being late, got there at 11, only to sit around waiting for an hour. And then i didn't get to see Mr Pollard anyway.

It was a complete waste of time! I saw one of this doctors, who didn't let me ask any questions. He checked my wound which he was impressed with, gave me blood test forms and sent me on my way. Only to find out once we got back to the carpark we'd been given a parking ticket. So in all, it took us 2 hours, and cost us 30 quid just to do something i could've done at the GP's.

I have however, lost 4 stone, which they were quite impressed with.

I'm glad you appointment went well and i hope your wound is sorted for good now. I don't have another appointment with him for 4 months now, so we'll have to meet up in the new year for a chat, coffee and let the boys run wild together.

xxx

I arrived five minutes late and did n't even get chance to sit down, I was whipped away and weighed and taken straight down to see the doctor. I saw a different doctor who had a student with him but I could hear mr pollard next door and told him I wanted to see him. He examined my wound then went and got Mr Pollard who looked at it and told him what to do with it then discussed what happened in my op and what I need to do next, he spent about 15 minutes with me which is unusual. I also got sent for blood tests just to check how everything is going there.

According to them I've lost 2 stone 8 in 4 weeks which they seemed really happy with and think I'm only going back to check the wound and not for anything else.

I knew your appointment was later than you realised as I had asked one of the nurses what time you were due and I tried to wait around for a while but Haydar was getting impatient and I had some stuff I needed to do.

We'll meet up in the new year as you said and let the boys create mayhem where ever we may be.

Alia xxx

Back