• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

first band fill

odonnellcheryl

please need some help

had my band fitted 30th july and had my first fill on mon 9th the thing is when im eating a few mins later I keep bringing up bile but not sick sorry to be so direct but don't know if this is normal and after a little while im ok again thank you

Is it bile or like a slime? Sounds like you old be eating too much / too quickly / not chewing enough. The slime happens if the food doesn't have the opportunity to be working its way through the band. I also get it if I talk too much while/just after eating. X

Is it bile or like a slime? Sounds like you old be eating too much / too quickly / not chewing enough. The slime happens if the food doesn't have the opportunity to be working its way through the band. I also get it if I talk too much while/just after eating. X

Exactly this ...

Could also be the mouthful you are taking is too big. My own provider says it should mp be morsel, no bigger than 50p, chew 30 secs, wait 30 secs. Slowing I down, making It smaller should help.

Are you able to get and keep fluids down ok?

sounds like you have pretty good restriction id start by eating with a teaspoon to get you used to the size of mouthful you should be having chew chew chew and make sure your only eating a limited size meal , I only get slime when I get something stuck or have eaten way to quickly or way to much way to quickly.

Think it's bile I have been a lot better this week and have done what you have said have been eating smaller bites and been chewing thanks for the advice x

sounds like you have pretty good restriction id start by eating with a teaspoon to get you used to the size of mouthful you should be having chew chew chew and make sure your only eating a limited size meal , I only get slime when I get something stuck or have eaten way to quickly or way to much way to quickly.

Yeah I think so as well when I had the op they said they put in four mls in but when I went for my first fill and they put in another two but the nurse said she thinks there was only three in so with the two makes five so how would I know if I have five or six in total sorry if I have not explained it well lol x

Pleased things seem to be improving for you :)

Back