• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First band Fill

dan1982

Had my first band fill on Thursday I was eating normal foods before but since the fill I have found the portions I eat are tiny and I have a strange feeling when I eat that I can only describe as a gargling sensation is this normal or should I be concerned although since being on normal foods I have ate the wrong thing and had it stuck none of this really causes me any pain it's just a really strange sensation

it is possible that a first fill can make a significant difference to portion sizes - thus is the ultimate aim of the band in terms of restriction. Post fill are you on liquids or mash if it was on Thursday?

It could be that the sensation is because you've had too big a mouthful, not waited long enough between mouthfuls or you've eaten too quickly as these can cause that sensation when the good passes through, as can not chewing food well enough

it is possible that a first fill can make a significant difference to portion sizes - thus is the ultimate aim of the band in terms of restriction. Post fill are you on liquids or mash if it was on Thursday? It could be that the sensation is because you've had too big a mouthful, not waited long enough between mouthfuls or you've eaten too quickly as these can cause that sensation when the good passes through, as can not chewing food well enough

I'm back on normal food after 1 day liquid and 1day mashed .
I'm trying harder to eat smaller mouth fulls and portion sizes But do struggle a bit with the time in between mouth fulls but I do think this will be the problem

Ive got my first band fill in 2 weeks.... Really looking forward to it!

Back