• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First fill coming up & very hungry

Hi folks, well I am going for my first fill this Friday but feel as though I can eat quite a lot and worried this thing has slipped or something... Maybe I am panicking over nothing... Find that I think of food all the time and snacking in between with food and don't want to slip back to myold eating habits. I am hoping that with the first fill as I have no fill at minute will reduce my intake - is this right in your own experiences> :confused:

Hiya!
How did your first fill go? I had my first fill 2 weeks ago. I still feel the same as i did before the fill and i think i will need another fill.

I say this a lot but yep! It unfortunately isn't immediate restriction for many of us. Certainly wasn't for me, I can understand how eager you are to see the benefits of the op, it's such a big build up to it and such a huge life change, then after you think...hmmmm......why did I do that again?
All I can say to you is to please try and be patient with the band and your body, try and eat healthy most of the time, I calorie count so I can allow treats into my day most days. It does help keep your spirits up, just keep going and with each fill you have a great chance of getting that sweet spot and then it gets so much easier. Sugar free jelly has helped me this week, but main meals keep drier and that will stay in the pouch longer and really help you to have some control.
It took me most of the year to get to a decent level of restriction and up to that point I got by on silly stuff, I wish I had done my food diary and exercised like I do now back then, as it would have helped me avoid becomming so disheartened.
Please don't get worried and give in to the comfort eating etc as it will fall into place if you keep trying and just keep your eyes on the goal you want x Hugs x

Hi folks, well I am going for my first fill this Friday but feel as though I can eat quite a lot and worried this thing has slipped or something... Maybe I am panicking over nothing... Find that I think of food all the time and snacking in between with food and don't want to slip back to myold eating habits. I am hoping that with the first fill as I have no fill at minute will reduce my intake - is this right in your own experiences> :confused:

Hiya, only just seen your post. How did the fill go. You should now have a decent amount of restricition - I hope you are pleased so far with the result x

Hi yes how did the fill go?,having my first fill on Monday.
Can relate to what you say so much.
Best of luck ,planning, hard work ,effort,has to come from us. i Must remember this ,i must remember this...

Back