• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Two weeks post gastric band and hungry!!!

Hi folks,
Well am no into week 3 and sloppy food but feel so hungry - is this normal... Going for my barium swallow this Wednesday to check all ok as apparently standard procedure and then hopefully get a date for my first fill..... have been hungry and not sticking totally to the fluids - been trying to introduce a little variety.. some people saying they were back on solids after 2 weeks but I am now on sloppy foods for a furhter 2 weeks - any tips??? :cry:

Advice re moving onto solid food does vary but you should always follow the advice you were given.

What sort of things are you eating, maybe your volume is too low.

Good luck with your barium swallow! I didnt have one of those.

Maz

Hi Maryann I had a weetabix and small amount of milk for breakfast today and 4 laughing cow low fact cheese triangles.... drinking loads of water also...how were you at this stage? Also how have you found the whole thing? Maybe when I get my first band fill will be different. No fill atminute

Hello there,

it is normal to feel hungry after 2/3 weeks as the swelling has been going down, this is perfectly normal until u get your first fill (normally around the 6 week mark).

All the best - MeJulie xx Have a gr8 week

Hiya

On the sloppy stage I was advised to aim for around 6 tablespoons of food, sounds like youre not having enough. Have something a bit more filling for lunch. Ocean pie was one of my favourites on the sloppy stage, also mash potato and mushy peas, got through loads of parsley sauce too!

Everything is going well so far for me.

Hi Julieanne

sorry youre feeling hungry :( KP posted a day or two ago about having the same problem post op so it looks like it is not that uncommon.

I think once you are onto more solid foods you will feel more satiated as the slider foods you are on at the moment do just that, slide right in and not long after right back out again :(.

Sorry your having to do the sloppies for a further two weeks, thats a drag.

Oh wanted to ask, are you drinking any slimfast type drinks with added nutrition in them sometimes these can make you feel a little fuller a little longer.

I imagine the first couple of months are always going to be the hardest adapting to the band, finding the 'sweet point' with your fills etc.

Good luck and hope you feel full soon Xx

Hey S - can't really drink milky drinks - have some sort of allergy to them and they always make me sick.. bit of a nightmare....I always thought it would be hard but not this difficult.... perhaps having first fill will make me feel fuller? just making mash and beans for lunch so we shall see....... have to remember not to drink with meal which is hard...

I am sure you will feel much happier when you have had your fill From what some have said you probably got no restriction at this stage, and as your wound site(internally) is healing it makes more room for your brain to want to fill, but you are doing brilliantly so hand in there and perhaps try some of the girls tips on fish pie etc

Jay xx

i found mashed strawberry and bananas really filling when i was on mushys and lived on shepards pies as well its the hardest part your get thru it tho if your really hungery eat more not shed loads or anything silly but right from start i ate untill i was full i ate very very slowly tho [not for more than 20mins] and make sure you leave it a good half hour bfor drinking so your not emptying your pouch to quickly

Know the feelin i also got very hungry in week 2 but just had to up my drinks protein and follow a soft food plan for another 3 weeks.

Had a low fat custard a few times, after a small portion of fish pie .

We were told not to over eat at this stage as danger of band not being bedded in and slippage so take it slow and esy lots of good wishes Mia

Back