• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First fill today

Travellingman

Today i had my first fill 2mls, 4 weeks post op. It was a great experience, no pain but I did feel the band swell. Now have 6mls in and working up to 11.5mls. I also met with the dietican and she reduced my calorie intake to 1400 calories daily. Total weight loss since surgery 11.6kgs. Showed my surgeon, the app "myfitnesspal" who was really impressed with it and is going to research it further. It was a good day.

I use that apt too its gr8 .........glad your fill went well and well done on weight loss so far x

I'm so impressed TM. Really glad it all went ok for you.
I love myfitnesspal too but 1400 cals??? wow... thats brilliant! I just can't seem to get that amount in and I average about 900-1000 per day. It worries me a bit actually ( yes- another thing to worry about!)
Brilliant weightloss though- well done.
I've still got 2.5 weeks until my first fill and I don't have anything in my band at all just now except about 1ml of air to make it sit better around my stomach! or so my surgeon said. Can you feel any difference yet?

MrsPill, thanks. I really felt th difference today when i had my breakfast, i could not finish the same breakfas today that i had on Thursday and I am still feeling full almost 3 hours later. Now retraining myself to eat smaller mouthfuls and to wait 30 secs between each mouthful. My surgeon also recommended 1400 calories as myfitnesspal had me at 2050 calories. I would still be hard pressed to each 1400 cals as going to the gym also allows me additional 370 cals which I am happy to forfiet each day. My only advice on your first fill is not to understimate it affects on your eating habits and the amounts you can eat.

Wow! That is a great loss! Well done you! How are you doing it? What type of diet are you following?

Again, well done you!

Chunkyboo, at this point i am not following any diet but I am watching my calories. I use myfitnesspal to track ALL food and drink, you must record everything, water and exercise. Having made the commitment to getting a band fitted I want to ensure that I succeed in my weightloss. Everyone here will tell you that a band, bypass or sleeve is not a majic bullet to wieghtloss but having the right mental approach, a group of people (both vitrual and real) to support you when you are up and down, plus arming yourself with as many tools as you need to get through it. I use "myfitnesspal" and have photos of me when I was at my heaviest to help motivate me.

Since Jan 1st, I have lost about 56 pounds. I refused to celerbrate fat and 50 this year but next year i will kicking up a storm at slim and 51. I dont want to live this way anymore, travelling is so so hard when you are obese. I want to run and dance and laugh and sing. I stopped all of that but now life is different, better. I still have a long journey to go but I have broken it up into little and major goals. Getting a band fitted was a major one, losing 10 kgs was a little one. My goals are spread over 2 years include other things apart from weight loss.

I dont to do Facebook, Twitter or Myspace but I do WLS religiously because the people here are going, have gone or about to go on the same journey and I need them in my corner.

Good luck on your journey, stay in touch and we can all help you as you go.

I have heard a lot about this fitness pal, I may have to have a little look at this, Is it like an online diary?

56lbs is a great achievement in itself! But understand when you say you feel you have a way to go..

You have inspired me, so
:thankyou:

I do myfitnesspal too and its really good. For example: yesterday I had entered all my food and then last night went out to a party and had a couple of nibbles of cheese and half a chicken satay stick and 2 glasses of white wine and felt soooooooooooooo guilty! So I entered it all into myfitnesspal and I was still under 1000cals so I instantly felt better! Silly I know but at least you have it all down in black and white.
BTW chunkyboo, you can access it here: Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com
and I have an app for my android phone too.

Back