• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

advice needed please!

Mandie

Worried!!!!
I have had my 2nd fill this morning ( 9.30) i have a 14ml band and had 8.5 ml at the 1st fill and 3ml input today .
I drank the 2 glasses of water after the fill, no prob's but i have just tried a slimfast but after 2 sips , it fees like it is sat at the back of my throat , i have way too much saliva constantly , my chest has a dull ache but no pain , is my band now too tight? should i contact the team or give a day or 2 to settle first ?

You only had the fill this morning so don't panic too soon. Just keep sipping the fluids slowly. That slimey stuff usually happens when we drink/eat too fast so maybe the slimfast is a bit thick?
Give it time for the aggravation from the fill itself to subside plus the slimey stuff to filter down by sticking to watery drinks, alternating between hot and cold.
If you still feel it's too hard to even have slimfast after tomorrow maybe call your team.
You want to be on fluids for a couple days after anyway to let everything calm down. I reckon you should be a lot better tomorrow, also try not to worry as that constricts the band as well.
If you still feel like this after tomorrow then call...but give it a little time first.

Thanks Neen, it's so easy to panic when you read all of these posts, i only managed 2 tiny sip's of slimfast , but it came back up within minutes.I'll try a coffee in a bit see what happens, I never had these problems/feelings last time , but then the restriction didn't last either .

Last edited:
I know it feels horrible..I felt that way and had to have a defill but that was a year after my previous fill, you had yours today so I guess if you are getting nearer real restriction maybe it will need a little more of a calming down period just after a fill and be more sensitive simply because it is that much fuller than after the fill before?
See how you are doing this time tomorrow. If you are worried don't be afraid to phone the provider and explain what's going on. They might just ask you to give it a couple days to allow for things to settle before you decide wether it might need a defill. Like we know, in the few days after a fill it's very noticeable restriction then it fades...perhaps this time it's full on for a day or two and then you might find you are at your sweet spot.
Phone if you want your mind put at rest and speak to the experts but please don't worry just yet x

if it doesnt settle in a day or 2 you may just need a tiny de fill, even a half mil out can make all the diffence, living with a tight band is no fun, it just makes people miserable with the constant vomiting and pain and it also puts the band at risk from a slip, if it doesnt settle please ring your providor, good luck x

I managed to keep a very small glass of water down this morning , it took me 1hr to sip it but at least its stayed . Tried coffee , squash and slimfast they came back after a sip yesterday , it's a bit of a shock when you really need a drink but nothing will go down , even a lick of ice cream came back, i was that desperate due to heat i thought it was worth a try, thanks for the replies.x

It does sound as though it is a little tight but like others have said just see how it goes for a day or so.

I found after my second fill it made a big difference and has taken me ages to get the hang of it. I also found that hot drinks were often more difficult to keep down. Stick to water for at least day because if you have been sick anything will aggravate your tummy. It should settle down but you must ensure you are drinking plenty and only a small glass a water is not enough!

Hope you feel better soon x

I would definitely ring your team on monday. It can be so easy to dehydrate in this weather any way let alone not keeping even sips down. Also a tight band can slow weight loss down so don't suffer it any longer than you need to sweetheart.xxx

Worried!!!!
I have had my 2nd fill this morning ( 9.30) i have a 14ml band and had 8.5 ml at the 1st fill and 3ml input today .
I drank the 2 glasses of water after the fill, no prob's but i have just tried a slimfast but after 2 sips , it fees like it is sat at the back of my throat , i have way too much saliva constantly , my chest has a dull ache but no pain , is my band now too tight? should i contact the team or give a day or 2 to settle first ?

Hope this settles down for you .Rob

Well since the fill on Friday i have managed 3x 500ml of water / juice , i cant manage coffee, soup ,milk or pureed food(mash & gravy) , i'v tried jelly , ice cream but it don't stay down for more than 5- 10 mins. i've managed to drink more but it takes over an hour to get a small glass or bottle of water down , which means i don't get much in , in a day but at least it is staying down now. I haven't rang the team yet as i thought i should give it a few days to settle , but i think i will ring them now , thanks for the advice guys . x

I spoke to the team today , i rang yesterday and left a msg , i have an appointment for today at 1.30pm so i hope i feel better when i return , i'll update you later , thanks everyone for the replies.x

What a difference 0.25ml makes, just got back from Heartlands hospital , they took just 0.25ml out and i can drink !!!! what a relief , i hope that it doesn't make too much difference with the food i can /can't eat , Dr Miller was very good he said it's a very fine line between enough and too much, i'd lost 4kg since Friday! thanks everyone for the advice i wish i would have taken the advice sooner and contacted them , but i hoped it would settle .x

Back