• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Fill Friday! Whats it like and any advice gratefully received

LapBandBeck

So this Friday is my first fill and I am a bit nervous. What happens? How will I feel? Can I do anything ?
Any advice gratefully received x:wave_cry:

Hiya

I was anxious before my first fill.

There was quite a bit of prodding about but nothing painful, more uncomfprtable.

It took 2 goes to get in m y port because it was tilted and still a lot of scar tissue around.

Felt a 'sensation' when liquid went in.

All in all though, no actual pain just funny feelings!

And 2nd fill was in and out in 2 minutes x

So this Friday is my first fill and I am a bit nervous. What happens? How will I feel? Can I do anything ?
Any advice gratefully received x:wave_cry:

Hello there - the first fill I had I was asked not to eat any foods from 10pm the night before and no water 2 hours b4 my fill( this varies from provider to provider so check what they would like you to do ) . I was taken into the room weighed and the surgeon asked me general questions like how I had been and how I was finding the band ( always be honest about this) I had my first fill under xray and was given the white chalky drink to drink and they established all way ok with position etc and then he gave me 3mils in the band and asked me to take a few sips of water to see how the fluid was flowing through my band - and hey presto that was my first fill done - I was advised to do 2 days fluids, 2 days mush and then back to normal foods afterwards( again this varies from provider to provider and they will tell what plan they expect u to follow). Wishing you all the best for Friday BD x

I had my first fill at 5 weeks post op, nil by mouth for 4 hours before (this varies by provider so check with yours), went in, quick weigh, and then led on the bed. She had to feel around to locate the port and this for me was the most painful part, in fact it was more pain that what I'd felt anytime post surgery.

She attempted to go in with the needle 5 times until she finally got to the port, the needle didn't hurt and I didn't feel anything going in or indeed the needle coming out, it was just the pressure of pushing down before hand that was the worst.

I had another fill 2 weeks later, I was in, led down, needle in and out, no pressing no pushing and all was fine.

Mine took less than a minute. Pressed down on my stomach a little around the port area, found it in a few secs. The injection felt like a tiny scratch. No where near as painful as a normal blood test. Then just sipped, then gulped a glass of water to check everything was ok

Back