• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Band Fill - scared!!!!

Moulin85

So tomorrow is my first band fill and I am quite scared .... Don't know what to expect or how I will feel afterwards!!

Any info or advice gratefully rec'd!!

Cheers ...... Sally xx

Sorry I missed this last night Sally

Dont be scared you will be fine, look forward to hearing how it went x

It's a doddle chick, you don't even feel the needle going in and you will feel fine afterwards, jsut follow their advice on liquids, mushies etc on days following fill :)

a sharp scratch thats all, its easy and over with quickly, usualy liquids 24 hrs they will advise you before you leave x

I am sure it all went fine, I was scared about mine but it seriously is a doddle. Let us know x

Thanks Guys.... On way home now. What was I worried about? It was super quick... Private hospital hence no waiting at all! Gonna be strictly liquids for 3 days then mushies for 3 more..... Then hopefully the weight will really get shifting!

I have had shoulder gas pain in the last couple of days for some reason .... It really hurts, doesn't it?

Catch ya soon.... luv Sally x

Hello All,

First band fill done and have now finished 2 full days of liquids only... Should I do three days or go onto mushy now? What do you think?

I have also, as mentioned previously, been suffering from the shoulder gas pain but am a bit concerned as my provider said it's unusual to have this so long after the surgery.... They said it's very normal in the first week or so post op but I had mine done on 5th June so not sure what to think!

Has anyone else had this problem?

Xx

I think you should stick to what they say- 3 day liquids and 3 days mushies... it'll be for a reason. Imagine you did mushies too quickly and irritated everything. That would be horrible! However, I'm not experienced as I'm only just 'done'.
xx

Well done on your op Mrs Pill hope it all went well and you are feeling ok. I had shoulder pain for weeks after my op and still have it sometimes but it does ease with time. xx

Hi all,

Second band fill tomorrow morning! Need more restriction, although I am losing weight at the moment, but it is very slow!

People are noticing that I am getting smaller....that is such a great feeling!

Wish me luck.... Xx

As it happens I have to go to The Hospital Group office in Central London and I have to go to Oxford Street.... But they were rioting there earlier so wondering if it will go ahead!

Back