• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Fill on Saturday

Shrinking?

Woohoo but also boo! Have had a pretty easy time so far, eating quite alot, no problems with anything like chicken or bread. That's all going to change though right?? I hope so as I feel like I've wasted a LOAD of money at the moment!

I know i have to do liquids for 3 days after the fill, but what is it before? Excuse my silly question but paperwork is at home and I'm not and need to get it clear in my head.

Did anyone else feel like they've had nothing done at this stage? Seriously my appetite feels the same as it did before the band!

xxx

Hi welcome to minis, cant offer advice on the band as just had the bypass, from what I have read your not on your own though once you start getting fills you will see a change....good luck and well done...xx

Woohoo but also boo! Have had a pretty easy time so far, eating quite alot, no problems with anything like chicken or bread. That's all going to change though right?? I hope so as I feel like I've wasted a LOAD of money at the moment!

I know i have to do liquids for 3 days after the fill, but what is it before? Excuse my silly question but paperwork is at home and I'm not and need to get it clear in my head.

Did anyone else feel like they've had nothing done at this stage? Seriously my appetite feels the same as it did before the band!

xxx
Hiya im waiting on my first fill and there is not a thing i cant eat and gained 7lbs:eek: lol ,and yep feel like i paid money to gain weight but i also know this was the stage where i was concentrating on getting fit as hopefully the weight loss will begin with the fills

Good luck ,i cant wait for mine x

i had my first fill ten days ago and although i still dont have restriction i do notice a slight change i now cannot eat meat to easily it gets stuck and i have to chew more, but am fine with bread but the quantity has not gone down alot i wasnt expecting it too as i think i wont get restriction till fill 2 or 3. i ate as normal after the fill didnt get told to do liquids so just ate slightly softer foods , and i ate a normal lunch befor hand

hi you are told to not eat anything 3-4hours before fill as they like the stomache to be empty. i feel the same as you and i am waiting for the correct restriction as i am also gaining weight like honey.. i did do a liquid diet for 3days after but every company is different.
hope that helps
emma

xxx

I am due my 3rd fill on Sunday in London. THe first one didn't do much for me and had to have the second fill 17 days later. The second one lasted much longer, nearly six weeks this time. The restriction was great till about a week ago. I can't eat some foods, like most bread, but can get toast down, so it is still trial and error. I am still learning to adjust to life with my band and up until the second fill felt that I had wasted my money, but I really feel that we (generally) tend to try and rush this, I am one of the worst for this. I know I need to step back a little bit, put in the 70% work and just be patient. I am not going to lose 7 stone over night.
Take care, hand in there,
MyNewLife:)

Back