• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First Gain :(

Three Pounds :eek:

Let's not beat our selves up over three piddling pounds

Come on honey a poo and two wees and its gone

The foods you ate are quite high in natural sugar and sodium, and the salt is probably the cause of this tiny gain. A couple of days on your usual intake will sort it.

Walking is OK as exercise but hardly Cross country skiing :D as a rule of thumb your current weight will burn an average of 125 to 130 calories per mile, so even seven miles burns only 900. You'd need to walk 27 miles to burn off just one pound of fat. :D

So worry not, you had a great time and put on a fraction of what you would have done pre WLS. Concentrate on that hun xxx

Three Pounds :eek:

Let's not beat our selves up over three piddling pounds

Come on honey a poo and two wees and its gone

The foods you ate are quite high in natural sugar and sodium, and the salt is probably the cause of this tiny gain. A couple of days on your usual intake will sort it.

Walking is OK as exercise but hardly Cross country skiing :D as a rule of thumb your current weight will burn an average of 125 to 130 calories per mile, so even seven miles burns only 900. You'd need to walk 27 miles to burn off just one pound of fat. :D

So worry not, you had a great time and put on a fraction of what you would have done pre WLS. Concentrate on that hun xxx

Thanks buddy, actually I have had constipation so hopefully that'll do it haha:D. I see what you mean re salt and sugar. x

Sorry to hear you have gained Jenni but I hope you had fun putting it on. You will soon shift that, at least you know its undoable.

Love your new pic! x x I am remaining as Tinkerbell for now!

10 krispy kremes hes a legend the most ive anaged at one time is 4!!!!xx

:DLOL Yes, he's a formidable consumer of donuts (and gains no weight PAH) x

You should tell him it's not weightloss he should worry about, it's all that refined food, not good for you either way...;):D

Life is fo rliving..you will shed those lbs before you know it. You have done so well, be proud!!!

Hi there,

Fruit is very high in calories, and my surgeon only allows me to have the equivalent of a small apple at any one time (it can be different fruit but should be no bigger in qty)

I used to eat loads of fruit at the beginning and this is where I went wrong.

Quantity examples are:

8 Strawberries
10 Grapes
1 Satsuma
1 Kiwi
2 plums

He then went on to say, treat fruit as a real treat. Vegetables are better for banders. I now have fruit once or twice a week instead of a day LOL.

But remember also....

You were on holiday, a time when you are meant to be enjoying yourself.

Just because we are banded does not mean we have to be so hard on ourselves, this is a lifestyle, not a diet. So there will be times where we over indulge but guess what...

THAT'S NORMAL!!!! It's what everyone else does.

As long as you know that when you go off on hols, you might put a few pounds on but know that once home, you will get them off again and then some.

Why is it people with bands still seem so scared and tense about food and small gains?

I have had loads of ups and downs but I only ever look at the overall figure of what I have lost in total.

That is my inspiration.

iv never heard that about fruit really intresting i think im lucky i couldnt eat half that quantity most i can manage is 2 strawberrys furit n veg just hate me lol

for original poster i went away for a weekend and put on 3lbs as well dont know how but a week later id lost 5lb so you might find it comes off real quick fingers crossed but it was your hols so dont worry[although i panicked too lol]

Hi Jenni
I did reply to this thread and now it's not here.
Anyway, just wanted to say you are looking great...and don't worry about 3 pounds, just call it a little vacation, you are back now and in the seat of control.
About you OH eating all those doughnuts, I know, it's not fair; My husband can eat loads and never puts on much weight.

Well done on your lose so far

(((hugs)))

Just wanted to say well done on your weightloss so far!! You have done brilliantly well, and don't worry about those extra few lbs they will soon drop off. Sending you a virtual hug x

Bet the 3lbs will fly off, try eating protein only for a couple of days I'm feeling the same as you, have had 40th birthday celebrations and then a week away so haven't lost for a while, try and look at the bigger picture though and think how much more we will have lost by Christmas

Back