• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

update on latest appointment at sunderland weight not lost but there's hope :)

jo86

Ok so as some of you may know or not lol i had my 3rd appointment at sunderland last wednesay where i needed to lose 5kg and i didn't actually had a little gain.

I was soo sure they'd send me away and they did but to just try again and asked to see me in 6 months. But long story short i went into melt down so did my mum and mr filippino i think he was called (new surgeon shud have been shroeder) said i could have a 3 month appointment.

I asked to see dietician so i not follwing these stupid SW and WW diets that i have failed for past 7 years an she is going to send me some info on foods and portion size.

I can tell you i now realise how much i want this its always been in back of my mind i will never do it but sitting there i was certain that i wanted this!! i was in tears i was sick and shaking like mad (i wasnt sick infront of surgeon!)

On friday i went back to my asthma nurse who has said that losing weight is all that can hep my asthma as we have gone round in circles with all he meds i can take. She has prescribed me orilstat which i am this tme taking correctly the first time i was takin it i was in college and lets say i gained a lot of weight in them years!

I WILL DO THIS!!!! XXX

Hi Jo, sorry to hear you had such an upsetting time.....sounds like you've took the positives from it though & have the right attitude to go forward....I am sure you will do it & if we can help along the way we are all here xxx

Hi Jo, sorry to hear you had such an upsetting time.....sounds like you've took the positives from it though & have the right attitude to go forward....I am sure you will do it & if we can help along the way we are all here xxx

thank you yes well was expecting to be sent back to GP its been sinc 31st march when i had seminar i can cope with 3 more months its a punishment that i deserve!

Good for you Jo you sound really positive and you need to be as its not an easy journey as you have found out. I wish you the best of luck for meeting your target, Im sure you will do it ;) XX

Don't think of it as a pounishment Jo its just life....if we found losing weight as easy as that then we would'nt be seeking the help we are now....it may be a long journey but it will be so worthwhile hun xx

thanks they are talking about giving me balloon first i think that one reason is to prove i can work with a "tool" before goin to extreme of bypass but also asthma really bad so i think hey prefer me to be lighter. Which i prefer i would rather i was a lower risk to operate on :)

Poor you Jo. I totally understand why you felt sick - there's nothing worse than realising just how much you want something when you think you might be about to loose it! At least its only 3 months rather than 6...

Did you feel comfortable with the new surgeon? I haven't heard from anyone else who has met him yet. Keep your chin up x

Good Luck x

Poor you Jo. I totally understand why you felt sick - there's nothing worse than realising just how much you want something when you think you might be about to loose it! At least its only 3 months rather than 6...

Did you feel comfortable with the new surgeon? I haven't heard from anyone else who has met him yet. Keep your chin up x

Erm not sure he seemed very nice but he said "he has been told" to tell me what was happening i heard dr and nurse or someone outside discussing me so i kinda knew what he'd say before he walked in! but he is the first surgeon i have seen since mr small done semiar x

keep going hun.All i can say is there is light at the end of the tunnel. I have been a big lass all my life and not happy with myself. It is amazing the changes that one op can make.

Keep going it will happen if you want it too

Jo
xx

Jo, hope that you manage to get your head around the weight loss and meet the target they've set you at your next appointment. I was quite a lot like you and had to really cut back prior to the appointments to ensure I wasn't over the limit. It was during and after counselling that I really managed to make headway. Today my life feels so different and I'm now lighter than I have been in yrs thanks to the surgery.

The 3 months will fly by. I'm looking forward to hearing when you get your date.

Rebirthxx

I can understand totally what you are going through as i also gained when i went back to see the surgeon.
I was in a right old state because i hadnt lost weight because i went on holiday. He sent me packing and asked me to lose 1 stone in 4 weeks, i lost 18lb when i went back and was then put on the list.
Im glad you got him to change it to 3 months and im wishing you all the best with your journey. It is so hard but you will get there in the end xxx

hi all thanks for the comments i got the info from the dietican thru the post today. Its all about what portion sizes i should be having and explains how many of each food group i should be having in my daily meals.

I'm gunna give this a try, although i have been eating good the past week but i'm not going to get weighed for another week or so.

Jo xx

Jo just take it day by day and meal by meal. I know its not easy but it will be so worth it for you, No pain no gain eh?

Good luck

Linski xxx

Jo I'm so pleased they didn't just write you off love. You don't deserve a punishment; you do deserve to be helped. I truly hope you can do this: the next 3 months could change your life!
Love Grace xxx

Back