• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First meal and i feel icky!!

honey-dd

Ok i decided after nearly three weeks to start more lumpy ish food :D.

so this morning i had

My usual glass of half water half orange with fibersure and vit c tablet ,and small bowl of ready break:D,

Then at 3.30 i had Sunday lunch with my family consisting of,,,

Serving spoon size dollop of creamy mash same of mince beef with gravy ,same of parsnips in cream and cheese ,a small square of stuffing and small spoon of mince sauce ,and was naughty had small bit of pork crackling (chewed it like mad ) but then old habits i had a small bit of pork forgot about it and swallowed without chewing and iv been uncomfortable since !!.

I had a quarter of a glass of wine :D,and small nearly flat glass or dr pepper ,and a really small slither of my choc Guinness cake i make:eek::D.

Ok it is less than a quarter of what id usually have in one day but i feel ill now:(, I feel odd in my chest area and dont want food again ,And it all tasted too salty and i did not like the fizzy pop.

And now im moaning yet i ate it !!!and im worried ill put weight on after that lol

im going back on soups !!

Yum sounds like my kind of dinner. it is hard to break the old eating habits and get used to the chewing things 5 million times. don't give up the pain and sickness will subside. it is early days for you and in no time at all you will be able to enjoy foods as you did before. i too have noticed my taste buds have changed a strange side effect. good luck x

I can't get into the habit of chewing everything a billion times & not swallowing too soon - despite 'reminders' afterwards!! :doh: It is especially worse with things I used to love - simple stuff like a cheese omelette!! The pain IS horrible & seems to take forever to clear - sooo uncomfortable. And fizz - how come?!?!?! Oh, I miss fizz! :wave_cry:

The chewing thing does get easier, its just a case of practice. Tiny bites and chew for ages. I found that having things with a strong flavour helped me, as blander things just taste of nothing when chewed thoroughly.

:D Been there and had the same pain, dont worry things will get easier, if you get that brick like feeling in your chest you've over eaten, normally for me if i do it i'll chuck up the excess food or liquid until i feel full but not hurting, you'll quickly learn that too much is a BAD THING and stop yourself from forcing to much in. Plus if you find there's something you just cant stomach then leave it a few weeks and try again, i still cant manage beef, though i'm fine with chicken !
also you will learn to chew more, trust me you'll learn by default, you wont swallow large mouthfulls for long as it usually hurts a lot :D
just remember its early days and things inside are getting back to normal, at 3 weeks i was hardly eating anything and what i did eat was semi mush

richard

Three magic words... chew chew chew!!! :giggle:

You'll be ok, Honey, just take it slow

x

i wish i had your self restraint honey im 4 wks post op and am eating like a horse iv only lost 1lb in the past 2wks but havnt gained so im happy cant wait for restriction

Thank you everyone :Dxxxxx

Iv been on soups since day three ish :D ,and started adding stuff that's really chewable as in very mushy when chewed at nearly three weeks ,just bits not lots like cheese as i know i never get enough calcium so was brought up to have a little cheese, ok might not actually work:confused:, but its a habit lol, and stuff like cottage pie or mash with sauces ,i have had to souffle's but there so mushy gooey i think there ok:confused::D

Iv not had a big meal yet .Yesterday was my first sit down with people meal and it was really small but i paid for it lol

I'm not hungry really i only eat when i feel i need to but its still small amounts.

I'm just so surprised that although my band is not activated i have such as feeling of restriction happy but surprised .And i know my weight loss will stop soon as i introduce more foods but that's to be expected just hope i dont gain too much lol

And the pain is odd uncomfortable, but its in my chest. I now Know (thank you ) that that is normal . Iv not been sick yet (although mc donalds tried to poison me last fri but did not want to bother people with that on here lol) I suppose i have the sick to look forward to but its worth it xx

From what I've read the restriction you feel at the moment is due to the swelling where the band was attached, which is why they are attached empty (or nearly empty).

Yeah the restriction will be mostly the swelling but in alot of cases bands are filled with between 1-3mls at time of Operations depending on the surgeon. When u have your first fill you'll find out if you don't know already :) its put in to check there is no leakage once the op is done . Sometimes its not filled at all. Your surgeon will be able to tell u. Take care in what u eat over the next few weeks. Things should be very mushy still. If u over eat the wrong things to early u may bruise inside and this can cause problems and set u back . Take it easy mate , no rush and all will be well . Well done so far xxx

I agree, after the operation, the band although not filled has swollen around the area. It will settle down.
Ive had 2 fills now and after each one I foolishly think that I can eat my ususal meals, until I suffer afterwards! I am due to see the consultant again next month to discuss some other issues I have - like when I am sat upright in the car for a long journey, should I get uncomfortable where the port area is? I sometimes get a sharp pain there too.

Keep up the good work though and before you know it the weight will melt away!

hi serenity
i am exactly the same and i do be sick on average once a day but hey i had 3.5mils in my band at p and i thought it was empty..
your top part of stomache is just under your breast bone so that is why your getting pain in the chest.. i can feel all my solids and fluids going down through my pouch strange feeling but got used to ti now..
takecare emmax

Back