• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feel alone

suesian

its taken a lot for me to post this thread as i dont want anybody to think i am trying to jeopardise my pouch, i have had such a bad eating day whilst making sunday dinner i ate a bag of scrunched up crisp and not stopping there i picked at the veg i then went on to eat a small portion of dinner but i can honestly say only guilt stopped me eating more , whats worse feeling sorry for myself i had a glass of wine later why the hell am i doing this to myself i am loosing weight nearly 4 stones in 5 weeks but i never have any dumping etc and i dont feel full after eating sorry to moan but im so cross with myself

Honey this is one bad day. Don't beat yourself up. Be nice to you.

Ok, you didn't do so well today. Tomorrow is a new day, begin again!

And my word, your weight loss is nothing short of amazing!

and remember it's your insides have been rewired, not your brain. That takes longer.

sending huge hugs and love. xxxxxxxxx

Sue,

I am expecting to have moments and days just like this...

My plan will be not to deny myself everything... but to work at it... don't feel guilty and alone... but try and look at tomorrow as a fresh start again and getting back on track...

I've had my tea, but just fancied a little bit of chicken tikka, in the fridge... I've had some, but will get on the Wii and do one more exercise but I won't punish myself to the point of cutting things things out totally that I like, but I won't be eating boxes of chocolates or not stopping until the packet is empty, I shall do my best, but I'm not expecting to be a perfectionist.

Please don't feel anything Sue, I can see myself being exactly the same and tomorrow's a new day...

I log on here if I feel hungry too... try that love... I also intend to chew low sugar chewing gum between meals to curb my craving!

Loads of love and hugs and see you at the Salford Meeting!

Thinking of you xxx

Susie, somedays i feel like i'm eating too much! I never eat to the feeling of fullness like i did pre op, and you know why because pre op i didn't eat i gorged. There is no way neither you nor i can gorge ourselves now. What i do is have my small meal and if i'm hungry 2/3 hours later i'll go find something else to eat. If i'm going to eat 'crap' (which i don't really do) i go for things like quavers which are low fat low cal, or if i want pudding nas angel delight or s/free jelly...

I'm guessing you've had such fantastic results you are 'testing' your pouch! I always have (in the past) self sabotaged when things seem to be going well diet wise! I think this is what you are doing, you are testing your pouch!

As for dumping, i don't think i do it either! I've had an egg custard and quavers and even a slice of home made sponge at my grandsons christening last week, with butter cream filling and i could feel the crunch of the sugar and no dump! I've not tried it with chocolate yet as i'm scared i will be able to eat it and i want to hold onto that fear forever if i can.....

I guess what i'm saying is you are not the exception to the rule and you are not on your own in this. Don't be hard on yourself, look on tomorrow as a new day! You've survived so far and you will continue to thrive xxx

its taken a lot for me to post this thread as i dont want anybody to think i am trying to jeopardise my pouch, i have had such a bad eating day whilst making sunday dinner i ate a bag of scrunched up crisp and not stopping there i picked at the veg i then went on to eat a small portion of dinner but i can honestly say only guilt stopped me eating more , whats worse feeling sorry for myself i had a glass of wine later why the hell am i doing this to myself i am loosing weight nearly 4 stones in 5 weeks but i never have any dumping etc and i dont feel full after eating sorry to moan but im so cross with myself

Hi Su
Thanks for posting this thread, i am only 4 weeks post op, and am gradually starting proper food, but i do have some days where i am really hungry and days when i dont feel hungry at all.

While you have said you have had a bad day eating wise, and i totally understand, look at what you have eaten, a packet of crisps, some veg, and a small dinner, i bet it is nothing compared to what you would have put away pre op, a bad day for me would have not involved any veg i can tell you.

Tomorrow is a brand new day, dont beat yourself up, you are just human, you have done amazing so far, and you will continue to do so, in a few weeks you wont even remember today
xxxx

Hi Sue,

Would you consider asking for some help in dealing with the emotional eating issues? Either through your surgical team, or via your GP for NHS counselling. Otherwise the issue won't go away and gradually will become more and more of a self sabotage issue.

i know how you feel hun . friday i was having such a bad day that i wanted to sabotage my pouch .. i went to eat 3 choc wafer bars and if my hubby hadnt taken them off me , like i was some stupid kid having a tantrum theni think i would of eaten them .. i am really have a bad time with mood swings to the point where i am now smashing up things in the home .. im going to the drs tomorrow as i need help with the moods .. i think that sometimes our hormones just get the better of us , and its going to take a while for our bodies to work out what the hell is going on ..... but hun tomorrow is another day and trust me you will feel better .. dont beat yourself up as it is a normal responce to how our emotions are dealing with the weight loss , and u have lost so much in such a short time, but if you look at what you have eaten its nothing really hun .. write down what u would of had before the op if u were having a bad day ...xxxx

Back