• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First night back home

tendersage

A qustion for those who have already had their ops, whilst in hospital i had a fully operated bed for sitting up ect and slept propped up all night... well when i could sleep that is.

How long after going home was it before you could sleep laying down flat?

I had a V pillow which I used for about a week after discharge. After that i could sleep on my sides, still with the V pillow but with only one pillow underneath it (started with two or three), and one on either side of me so i could only roll on to my side not on my tummy.

Play it by ear and see what you feel comfortable with, as we are all very different.

good advice shel, thats how i also slept, i made my bed a replica of the hozzy bed best i could with lotts of extra pillows.

By the time i was out of hospital i was able to lay mostly flat. But when i got home, i just used some extra pillows, mostly so that when i sat up, i didn't have as far to go, therefore not using my tummy muscles as much.

I've always been a side sleeper, i get terrible pain if i lay flat on my back, which i'm pleased to say is subsiding the more weight i lose, anyway, within a week i was laying on my side, and put a pillow between my knees to ease the strain on muscles. I was surprised how quickly i was able to lay on my sides.

Hi there tendersage, I was just wondering how it all went for you. I left a message in the london thread.

How are you feeling? How do you think it went, be honest now and sending a big hug your way.

Hey wobbles and Liz, I see you are both online at the moment :) whereabouts are you both. Oh and do wither of you know, when I jined about a year ago there was a live chatroom but I can't seem to find it now?

Doh, tendersage I'm playign catchup with your posts, just found another one of yours so shall read your experiences there.

Well i used the beanbag approach last night and it worked well it kept me sat up and supported meaning i had to use my tummy muscles very little. I am also a side sleeper and am looking forward to being able to get back to that.

Jonah now off to work and am all on my own but he made sure i had all my meds this morning after some prompting that i also needed to take my thyroxine and blood pressure not just the wits, calc and hospital ones LOL but hes left me a beanbag set up on the bed and another on the sofa which is great as i can drop off to sleep whereever i want to

Back