• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First period in years!!!!!

Sorry DB never had a coil and im quite regular with my TOTM.

To me it sounds a little weird but i do know through experience that loosing weight effects my periods.
Low carbing usually makes them more painful.

I hope someone comes along soon to answer this for you.

I know mine have suddenly become regular, which hasn't happened for years, but I haven't a coil fitted so can't advise on that. Maybe putting another post in one of the general threads will get a response from someone who's had a similar experience?xx

i read somewhere that surgery brings periods on!!

Yep! me, had 2 now :( after 5 years of nothing then, bam, couple days out of surgery and now having a second.

I have not had the coil and thought I had gone through the menopause ( albeit early) and was rid of them. However I had a period a few months out form surgery. Thankfully nothing since so I am keeping my fingers crossed. It may just be a one off - surgery can do all sorts of things to your body.

tranquil x

i read somewhere that surgery brings periods on!!

Yes, I can vouch for that.

When I had my gall bladder removed (full on, opened up with a meat cleaver jobbie rather than keyhole) I had finished my period about 7 days before (I was a regular 28 day bird in those days).

When I came round from the anaesthetic one of the nurses asked me if I was having my period and I explained it had finished a week before. She then commented that it's fairly rare but not unheard of for an operation to bring on a period.

A lot of people have periods either on the day of surgery or shortly after, actually i think mine came a couple of days after my bypass now i think back on it.

It's just a body reaction thingy....

I'd be more worried about it if your name was Frank or Bob lol xx

i was on mine ...well nearing the end of mine during surgery...so far nowt....due them soon

thought id share :p

hi there, I can agree with you. I have had the band in for 5 days and my period has arrived. I dont have a coil in I have an implant. I think its the operation that has brought it on xx

Yes oh fun isn't it NOT lol. I finished a period before surgery then low & behold I started another one a few days out if surgery & it lasted 10 days!!! :(
Xx

Meant to say if your injecting that can also bring them on or so my doctor said xx

glad im not the only one i take a pill where i dont have any then three weeks out i woke up to find mother nature haunting me. only lasted a few days and hope it doesnt happen again.lol

you are taking injections after surgery to thin the blood which could affect it....also as you lose weight (and we all lose a fair bit on the pre-op diets) you are suddently releasing all kinds of hormones into your body that have been stored in fat....body goes a bit haywire for a little bit i guess :)

Back