• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whats going on!!!!

claire36uk

I have a Merina Coil and not had a period in a couple of years, I had it taken out April last year as had to have a procedure done downstairs and i then went onto the injections but still had no periods. I had the Merina Coil put back in in March this year and still not had a period. Last night it decided to return ( i was not impressed ) but dont know if its due to me losing weight since my operation ( 29th September ) stress ( due to my brother in law suddenly dying on tuesday ) or whether its something more sinister. Has this happened to anyone else that has the Marina Coil, i know when you get stressed your hormone levels go all over the place so i am just thinking its that but i am going to make an appointment at the Doc's tomorrow just to be on the safe side... I am not a happy bunny at all, i dont want this returning, and i am a miserable so and so at the moment, no one dare speak to me incase i snap there heads off.....

I doubt it's weight loss related as that normally happens further out with a more significant loss. Then, it is because some of our hormones are stored within fat so as the fat is burnt more hormones are released than usual.

When I was on mirena I had continual periods for over 6 months, and had problems with the injection too. The injection can screw up your cycle for a long time after stopping taking it so it is more likely to be that than weight loss or stress.

after my band was fitted in sept i bled for the intire part of oct last yr my bleeding is all over the place since your weightloss and stress could well be to blame but you can bleed with mirina anyways i wouldnt worry to much give it a few days see if it stops and check to make sure your mirina still in place if the bleeding heavy my friends has come out twice

I dont have a Mirena Coil but I do have the Deppo and have had it continuously for 5 years. Immediately post bypass I had a small bleed which the hospital told me was quite usual following surgery and nothing to worry about. Probably the heperin injections I was given. In the last four/5 weeks I have been spotting on and off (more on and off) and was concerned enough to see my GP cause as with you, it wasnt normal. Ive just had a scan and was told I have three large fibroids - I knew about two of them but not the third - so the cause of the bleeding could be them or the injection failing. The radiographer tells me that the injection can fail. In a nutshell, if you are concerned, get a referral to a Gynaecologist - it could easily be the surgery playing havoc with your insides but to put your mind at rest, let the experts have a look - Im getting a referral from my GP to do exactly that. Tell you something, if men had the same plumbing as us, PMS, heavy bleeding etc would all be a thing of the past!

Back