• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First step taken

Chuffy_29

Hi everyone
I'm from Sussex and took the first step of going to see my GP last Friday (16th August) who is writing off to get funding.
I've been fat (it's not a word i'm afraid of) for 25 years since i was a teeenager really. I have tried all types of diet, exercise, drugs and still haven't managed to keep any weight off so decided it was time to do something permanent to help. My BMI is 42 and i have co-morbidity of high blood pressure. if i don't get funding i plan to appeal and if i still don't then i will try and self fund!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome Chuffy , you will get lots of support on here. I have my first appointment on Wednesday and I am so excited. Well done on having the courage to see your GP - first hurdle over eh? i hope your journey is as smooth as possible. Linski xx

Welcome Chuffy, i too am new to the site, my gp has applied for funding so im awaiting the outcome!!!
looking forward to sharing our journey, the site seems very friendly and very informative.
Jayne

well chuffy and good luck on your journey you have found a great friendly site x

just wanted to say hi. this is a great site full of very friendly helpful people everyone makes you feel very welcome.

Hi
I was on a sister site before here and i always found people really nice.Its good to have some commonality and no-one judging.

Hi Chuffy. Welcome to the site. Doesn't seem long since I was doing my introduction and now I'm referred, under a surgeon and nearly finished all my pre op tests, so hang in there and before you know it you'll have had the op. :)

hey,
im new to and everyones lovely on here. xx

welcome chuffy your get hooked on this site everyone are so lovley and helpful no question is silly to ask good luck with everything keep us all posted xxxx

Thanks everyone. I've already started to find out loads here, from the pre op and post op's, practical as well as emotional. Sooooo useful :)

Hello Chuffy and a great pleasure to hear from you.

I am quite new to the site, but have found so many wonderful pals on here... I am now drawn to them daily.

Do hope you get your funding approved and your determination will stand you in 'good stead' since you are totally committed to helping yourself and good luck, you deserve it.

Please feel free to message me if I can help and I am sending you a friend request.

Much love and take good care,
Bev xxx

Back