• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Next step taken...

Chuffy_29

Hi everyone

I called Streamline Surgical (Shaw Somers et al.) today to talk through some options. I am still hoping i might be lucky on the NHS funding but i want to keep my options open!
I spoke to a really nice lady called Stacey who talked to me about options (band is definately not on!) and i got some prices. I am thinking i might pay for an initial consult to discuss bypass and sleeve options further with one of the consultants (Chris Pring or Guy Slater). Does anyone think this is a waste of time/money or is it likely to be beneficial?

i am in the same situation as your self, i ave been refered to the nhs but i am lookin in2 privete cover lyk your sekf to keep my options open!!! i ave spoke to a few clinics so far and ave a couple more ringin me over the weekend, can i just ask why you wouldnt get the band?

thanxs nikki xx

I am a "snacker" and in particular chocolate is a weakness (about 3 large bars per week plus a couple of turkish delights a day) and i graze so could "cheat" the band, and that's why i think (and they agreed) it's not the best choice for me. I am now torn between sleeve and bypass

I had my surgey with Guy Somers and Streamline. They were brilliant, I did have my first consultation with Guy Slater, but was disappointed when they were going to delay my surgery for a month because he was going on holiday.

After speaking to Stacey she had everything transferred to Guy Somers and to be honest I have never looked back.

Going private does have a lot of benefits the only drawback, you end up skint, but I am saving money on food...... :)

Skint doesn't even begin to cover it lol!
Good to know that you benefitted. I have no concerns about them, the surgeons are all the ones who would do my op on the NHS anyway as they cover South Coast PCT.

They are absolutely fabulous there too.... I really can't praise them highly enough, all of the staff there are amazing. xx

Hi everyone

I called Streamline Surgical (Shaw Somers et al.) today to talk through some options. I am still hoping i might be lucky on the NHS funding but i want to keep my options open!
I spoke to a really nice lady called Stacey who talked to me about options (band is definately not on!) and i got some prices. I am thinking i might pay for an initial consult to discuss bypass and sleeve options further with one of the consultants (Chris Pring or Guy Slater). Does anyone think this is a waste of time/money or is it likely to be beneficial?

I met with Shaw Somers in June and he advised me to go for NHS funding. I did and they came through 2 months later, I now have an appointment with Chichester in Oct for assesment and then hopefully will have op by end of year or early next year. This is saving me £12,000 so I think that the applying for the NHS route is definately worth it, what PCT are you with, Im with Surrey. :)

Tango i'm with what was Sussex, now South Coast or something similar. How did you get round to discussing NHS funding? I just have one issue with the NHS form so it would be useful to know why he suggested it.

Back