• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First timer

Fizzypeach

Hi Folks
This is the first time I have posted anything on here. I hope it works. I am waiting to go to St. Richards in Chichester for either by pass or band, I don't know which yet. St Richards have temporarily closed their waiting list as they were chock a block, so I have to be patient before I am a patient, lol! I have funding, just have to wait for the list to be opened again.

I have been reading lots on here and have found it to be really infromative, thanks everyone.

Is anyone else waiting for Chichester?:wave_cry:

Hi Fizzypeach

And welcome! Good luck on your journey and I hope you dont have to wait too long!

Maz x

Hello Fizzypeach,

I'm new too! Going for consultation tomorrow.

I hope all goes well and you are not waiting too long.

It all very exciting isn't it!

Coralie :)

welcome to minis fizzypeach x

Hi Fizzy - welcome hunx

Hi Fizzypeach -WELCOME to minis you have picked the best WLS forum as you know this is a very friendly place full of really nice people. Looking forward to hearing more about your weight loss journey x

Welcome! I hope you get your surgery date very soon.

:Dhi fizzy welcome to minis .imalso on the list at chichester they are all very good an nice with it so the wait is worth it although frustrating at times ,but they do seem to be moving along well at the moment.were are you from.luv debbie x:welcome2:

hi fizzypeach welcome i am having my bypass 24th june with mr somers, he is so lovely. Hopefully they will reopen the list soon as they are getting through their backlog, good luck on your juourney. julie.

Hi & welcome ladies! You are in the right place for support. Looking forward to seeing your progress, best of luck.

Nic:D

Wow, I am blown away by all your kind wishes, thank you so much. I am from a place called Rustington just outside Worthing. I have always struggled with excessive weight, even as a child, now that I am getting on a bit it is really affecting what I can do. I am a new grandmum and I need to get fitter to be able to play on the beach again!
I have read such great posts about St Richards that I thought it was worth the wait rather than going to the London hospitals which were also offered to me.
Chichester said the list should reopen in abut 8 weeks but the PCT said it was up to them when the list opened not Chichester! The PCT told me that St Richards were expecting 200 cases last year and they got 600 hence the problems and exceeding the 18 week target.
It is great that they have drafted in extra surgeons as it should speed things up a lot.
Can anyone tell me in reality how often do the bands need filling etc and what foods you realty have to avoid with a bypass?
This site looks great, I am so glad I have found so many friendly folk.
I am not sure if I want the band or roux en y. Seems to be pros and cons for both. I am a quantity eater but I also pick and have a sweet tooth. So I think I will probably take the advice of the consultant. I see the GP on Tuesday to tell her my decison to wait for Chichester. I hope she is okay with it.

hi fizzy
welcome I am waiting for bypass with mr slater at st richards been on list 13 months now:( but things are moving at last (fingers crossed)
They do have a good reputation and hopefully worth the wait

good luck

love julie x

Back