• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

need advice

debbiejane

hi everyone im new here so sorry if i ramble.i am on the waiting list for gastric bypass at st richards at chichester by shaw somers,my funding is approved ,saw shaw in feb.had my psych assesment last week went well.now back on waiting list does anyone have any idea how long this might be ple:sigh:ase ,im going mad watching the post

Hi debbie. I was told by Mr Slater at St Richards yesterday that once you've had the psych appointment, its a matter of weeks till the operation. However, he did say they are struggling to keep up with the backlog. Be patient (easier said than done!) it will happen soon. Chin up. Best wishes. Julie x

thanks julie i really hope so , its been a year since i first saw gp to ask about it ,just seems forever sorry im a misery best wishes debbie

Hi Debbie. I know how you feel. I was referred end of July last year and felt ike it was taking FOREVER and I wasn't hearing anything! In the end I told my doctor I hadn't heard, he got on to them, I had a phone call that evening with an appointment 6 weeks down the line, and now I'm just a few months away from surgery. Might be worth havign a word with your doctor - see if they can chase up the appointment? Julie x

Why don't you phone St Richards bariatric office and ask them where you are on the list? They are lovely and very helpful. Shaw's secretary is called Christine. Might help put your mind at rest?

Back