• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hi i am new here(st richards)

CHUCKY

Hi all my name is Julie i am on waiting list for bypass at st richards chichester
saw anaesitist yesterday and got go ahead so waiting for phone call with a op date.
looking forward to getting to know you all

love julie x:p

Last edited:
Hi Julie and :welcome2:to minis. You will find so many nice and helpful people on this weight loss forum (to be honest i don't know what we would do without it lol)

Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing your weight loss - sending hugs with fairy dust to welcome you to the minis x:)

hi julie im a bander but i just wanted to say welcome to mini's !

liz x

Hi Julie. My name's Julie too!!!! I'm also on the waiting list at St Richards for a bypass. Saw Mr Slater on 29 April, now just waiting for appt with anaesthatist/dietician/psychologist. Do you mind me asking how long between initial meeting with the consultant (and which one it was?) and your anaethatist you had to wait? Whereabouts are you? I'm in East Sussex. All the best. Julie x

WOW what a welcome thankyou.
My story so far i went to gp may 08 to ask about wls and he said he would apply for funding which was granted in june 08 so i went on /st richards waiting list june 08 and heard nothing untill jan 09 when i saw mr tim john nice guy and he said yes i could have bypass and would be 5/6 months to wait.
heard nothing so phoned in april was told things moving and basicly wait my turn.
Then begining of may i phoned again after hearing about 18 weeks rule.
Christine said oh you are not on list shock horror:confused: she said she would look into it
phoned further 2 times and she said dont worry it will be sorted. will cont...

....cont
I thought this is riddiculous so emailed shaw sommers and guy slater and got responce next morning to say he would look into it and get back to me.
2Days later i got letter in post saying i had appiontment with anaesetist (yesterday 29th another story) and email from shaw telling me 18 week rule is a load of rubbish from government.
who knows if its coincidence or if my email got things moving but seem to have been waiting forever.:wave_cry:

Sorry really gone on will shut up now hope i havent put you all off me?
julie x
:copon:

Julie not at all it really helps to "talk" on here and always someone willing to listen. I'm fortunate to be going private but i did try try NHS route once a few years ago, got a bit p.....d off but looking back on it the time wasn't right for me. From what i've read on here keep pestering whoever you have to it seems to the most effective way of reaching your ultimate goal. So you go girl xx

Hiya Julie! :wavey:
Welcome to mini's!! I would be lost without everyone on here, I really would!! I was so lucky to have been left some money by a great uncle that I put to good use for my op so did not have to battle down the NHS route but I really hope you hear something soon!! :fingerscrossed: :cross:
:party0011: Xxx em xxX :party0011:

Hi Julie, Welcome!! I'm another one waiting for a bypass at St Richards. Hoping for a date in the next few months. Hope you hear soon about your date.
Lucy

Hi julie welcome to mini's hopefully you will not have too long a wait until the next stage of your WLS

thankyou all for your kind messages

Unglyduck16 is that you cat in picture it looks just like my kitten Kipper hes 9months now?
:)

:welcome:hi julie nice to meet you ,im also another on st richards list i saw shaw somers in jan an psychologist in april now like you im wating for that call.you are a month ahead of me so cant wait to here how you get on bet wishes an a not to long wait luv debbie:D

thanks deb will let you as soon as i hear anything bit disorganised there read other post.

love julie

Back