• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First week of pre-op diet

Gaz

First week of pre-op diet gone, im on the low calorie,low fat one. For surgery on October 11th.
Not really had any problems sticking to it so far. And the greatest thing is 8lbs off in a week!:) Below 20st for first time in years lol.
Just hope the livers shrinking as well :fingerscrossed:

Hi Gaz
That's great. All the best for the 11th. When do you leave?

I am on day one for op on 14th! So far so good!

I am not far away from you, in Linlithgow.
Crackers

im leaving on the evening of the 8th from Edinburgh to Stansted then plane from there on the Sunday. Good luck with yours as well:)

Well done on the weight loss so far! :D I'm on day 11 of mine for op on 6th. I lost 8.5lb in 1st week, but now seem to have stuck :( so I don't know if my liver is shrinking or not.
All the best with your op xxx

Well done, are you on the low carb one, have you been ok eating so little x

Kath - dont suppose anyone will know about the liver till they wake up from anaesthetic! Has to be the biggest worry!
Bex - yeh im on the low cal and its not too bad. Im a bit tired but thats only to be expected with so little energy going into body. I think the 9 weeks previous when i was cutting back has helped me get used to less.
Good luck to you both:)

Hiya guys, well done on the pre op diet, keep it up and drink plenty of water.

The weight loss isnt really the thing to worry about with this diet, but it is a bonus. I only lost 12 pounds in three weeks on the milk diet, but my surgeon said that my liver was tiny and even fell through the medium retractor that was used to hold it back.

Just stick to it and everything will be ok. Good luck. :D

That's fantastic Gaz well done you. I'm sure you're liver is shrinking just fine

Sounds like you are doing a perfect pre op diet :)

I've been given the low sugar, low fat one and it does seem reasonable and achievable. I start mine on the 25th Oct. :)

Back