• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Last week

sophiapink100

Hi guys

So I was chatting to my dad yesterday who had the bypass 5 years ago. He suggested that in the last week of me pre op I should swap to liquids. Has anyone ever done this? Since going on food I'm so paranoid my livers not shrinking

Hi guys So I was chatting to my dad yesterday who had the bypass 5 years ago. He suggested that in the last week of me pre op I should swap to liquids. Has anyone ever done this? Since going on food I'm so paranoid my livers not shrinking

My hospital only does food preop diets. So it must work.

Any VLCD will shrink the liver as long as it's a healthy calories intake.

It's ketosis which shrinks the liver.

Do what your provider tells you xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I was told I could do either the liquid or the food pre op diet, but that once I had started, not to change.

Best bet would be to speak with your team.

Good luck

i could swap and change between the 5 different ones birmingham offered but not on same day so would have to start the next day if i changed i changed after 3 days from slim fast to milk/yogurt as slim fast didnt agree with me

I've been given the options diet as well and will start on the soup/yoghurt diet first and see how I go. If you have the option, give it a go and see how you get on - they do say that the last seven days are the most important but I think all the diets offered have the same effect as long as you follow them properly.

Back