• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fish in sauce/ready meals post op

smilergem

On my wl journey at last
Hi everyone
Just wondering if it is ok to have cod in butter sauce on the mashed/puree stage when we introduce protein? Did think about buying just plain fish, but guessed it would need some sort of sauce to moisten it to enable it to go down?
Any other advice on early meals, eg shepherds pie or anything would be gratefully received xxx

Oh Jan my mouth is watering!!!! good catching up & thanks for answering all my questions! i'll keep my eye on this thread & take down some suggestions :p

Good to chat to you too hun ;)
I must admit just after having it done, and last week, I thought I was never going to eat proper food again, but oh the joy of a bit of mashed potato or porridge today, next week, well hopefully someone will answer my thread lol xxxxxxxxx

I can't see why you can't have it Jan. I didn't purely because i thought i was still lactose intolerant but thats resolved itself now...

As for shepherds pies, i tried them and with a bit of gravy its nice n mushy :) xx

I had thai chilli salmon with mash when I went onto stage 2. It was from Tesco's and you just pop the foil bag in the oven. I added some passata as it wasn't moist enough to blend on its own.

I had a lot of blended broccolli as it mushes up really well - buy a bag of frozen veg and take out a spoonful at a time to mirowave.

The diet sheet said not to eat sweetcorn because of the tough skin so avoid veg mixes as for some reason they all seem to contain sweetcorn.

Fish in sauce is fine. I had a fair few ready meals in the first few months as it was easier to see the nutritional breakdown than something I had made myself. If possible, split it in half and it will do 2 meals!

I don't eat fish so didn't have this exact one, but I had cottage pies and cauliflower cheese ready meals, they were really handy. I still keep one or two in the freezer.

Rx

Lovely to see you today honey, keep up the good work x x

with the ready meals, try and go for high protein ones, so instead of cottage pie, a mince casserole etc. Like fish in sauce rather than fish pie. Try to avoid the ones topped with mash as they are mostly mash and little protein, so not too nutritious post op.

Back