• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Flipped port

Lisav

Does anyone have any experience of this and can give me some reassurance. I just updated my diary, but it seems as though my port has flipped over. I'm gutted.

Hello there

Sorry to hear ur news about ur port. I went for my first fill to find my port had flipped over and needed another operation to correct it. x

What was the recovery time after the second op? They can hopefully flip mine back under X-ray but if not then I'll need an op. thanks for replying

I don't know. It is one of the most common side affects apparently, but still is quite rare. I have no idea how it happened

Stitched ports can and do flip unfortunately.

I hope you get it sorted soon, hopefuly with the xray x

My recovery time 2nd time around was same as first time, How ever I did have it done under local and not general so was awake throughout the whole procedure and was home a couple of hours later :)

What was the recovery time after the second op? They can hopefully flip mine back under X-ray but if not then I'll need an op. thanks for replying

Many moon's ago when I had mine they tried to flip it under guided radiography - which Mr Patel told me was rather common and sometimes easy to fix. However mine didn't and wasn't - it was knowing I had to go under the knife again I decided to have it removed - biggest mistake of my life !!! Good luck and I hope they manage to flip it for you ! xx

Oh Damn...Theres me checking up on how your doing and I see this....

WTF - Im so sorry your port has flipped...When are you due in for the operation to fix it?

Back