• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

port problems - again!

Red 42

novice bypasser
Hi All

I don't know whether I'm just having a run of bad luck but I've just been for my first band fill at a clinic (the first since my port was replaced in July) and guess what???

The nurse thinks my port has flipped :eek:

I told her even before I got onto the couch that I thought it was prominent (had given her a brief rundown of my past history) and that it was really just the last couple of days that I noticed it protruding more, but she said some peoples ports are more noticable than others and it's easier for her if it's close to the surface.

So...after much manipulation and three stabs with the needle, she admitted defeat and said she thought it had flipped...again :( so now I have to wait for her to call me tomorrow once she's had chance to discuss it with another colleague to decide what should happen next...possibly another x-ray, possibly just another attempt and hope that it moves back into place :confused:

Have any other banders had this happen to them?

Oh Yvonne sorry to hear you are having another problem it is so inconvenient for you and also disappointing
Fingers crossed they get it sorted out soon but well done on that weight loss so far

Jay xx

yes i hope it gets sorted soon for you, keep us updated :)

Hi Yvonne

Hopefully an x ray will get to the bottom of it, what a rotten time of it you are having1

Maz x

Hi Maz

I just don't understand it. Although I'm not desperate for a fill and a little one would have just helped things along the time will come where I really need this port business sorting once and for all....just not sure where it's all going to lead :sigh:

Oh dear, wasnt it the nurse that made the other one flip? hopefully the surgeon will be present if you have an xray and it can get sorted x

Oh not again Yvonne. What bad luck. Mine is also very prominent, its near my belly button, but haven't had any probs with fills like you. Really hope it hasn't flipped again, hope they get back to you soon,all the best.x

flipping heck hope they get it sorted asap x

OH Red, what is going on with it, you really dont need this after all the problems so far.
I really hope it has,nt good luck.

Oh dear, not good.

Maybe they could reposition it somewhere else, say on the breastbone, like some have had.

They really need to sort this for you asap...

Yvonne I personally think all fills should be done under x-ray.this way there does'nt need to be anyone "manipulating your port. I would have thought this just made the situation worse. I hope for your sake it has'nt moved again as I think you've been through enough. As Caz says if it has flipped maybe they can place it else where for you. Mine is attatched to my left rib cage. Hope they can sort you out once and for all sweetheart. Good luckxxxx

Hi Girls

I was saying to Hubby last night that I thought my port was protruding more in the last few days but he thinks it's just me worrying uneccessarily :rolleyes:
the nurse said I may need to go for x-ray again, but tbh it would only confirm that the port has moved...the radiologist confirmed this last time it happened but still couldn't get the needle in to do the fill. When I asked if I would have to pay for an x-ray she said that sometimes they would deduct 2 x fills from the package as it costs more to have them done, but unless they sort the port out then I can't have any fills done anyway :confused: :(

I'm sore and swollen from her attempts this morning...why is the port moving? is my body rejecting it or is it just tearing away from the muscle?

I honestly don't know Yvonne but I would'nt be too happy with all the prodding and poking. Surely this would make the situation worse. At both my fills and my de-fill the nurse never once prodded my tum apart from putting the needle in. I don't know if its because I had my band on the nhs or what but surley they should'nt be deducting fills from you if the problem keeps arising. I really hope they can sort it for youxxx

my port twists and takes a bit of wiggling to get the fill done it is sore and once iv bruised from it but they always get it in eventually hope yours gets sorted hun

Back