• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back from first fill - not impressed!!

BlueDiamond

Hi all

Well as most of you know I was going to hosp today to have my first fill, only to be told my port has flipped and is totally upside down:mad: and I got to have another operation:break_diet:I dont know when this will be either.

I am so bl**dy p**sed off right now. I knew this would happen to me , What a total c*ck up and a waste of nhs money:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Soz for rambling by just fed up.........

MeJulie

Ohhhh Julie, I am so sorry, that really sucks, its for those kind of reasons that a band never really appealed to me, they really need to sort something out so that this cant happen.
I hope your operation is soon and that it is simple and quick xx
Steph xx

So sorry to hear this Julie, I hope they get it sorted soon for you. Dont know what else to say really but its totally understandable that your angry x

where is your port placed Julie ? mines in my chest against the breast bone so it cant drift off any where, did they indicate how long before they sort it ? this surgery is usually only day surgery so hope your wait isnt too long xxx

where is your port placed Julie ? mines in my chest against the breast bone so it cant drift off any where, did they indicate how long before they sort it ? this surgery is usually only day surgery so hope your wait isnt too long xxx

Hi Liz.

My port is under me right boobie but on my belly (not directly under my boobie) Hope that makes sense. I asked the surgeon how long and he said he didnt know, so I guess when I get seen will be anyones guess, and he did say it would only be day surgery like before, just the waiting and not knowing Liz, waited year and half for this op ( as u know) and yet 7 weeks out I gotta have it fixed, its not very encouraging or a good start is it lol. Thanks for your reply. x x

So sorry to hear this...let's hope the wait is not to long..

Big hugs and just keep on trucking, it's all you can do :)

Oh MeJulie you are doing so fantastically too!

I sincerely hope you don't wait long for your op, keep the faith xx

I'm so sorry. You must feel so frustrated and hacked off. I can't do anything except send humoungous hugs. xxxx

You poor thing (hugs) All I can say is I would be bl**dy angry too and I hope you done have to wait to long! X

I hope you don't have to wait too long Julie.

Rebirth

Grrrr-that's not good at all -
you've been doing so well -
both pre & post-op - so keep up the good work MeJulie:)

Thanks for all your support guys, Sorry if I come across so negative, but you know when u think "if it can happen to me it will" case lol.....I have yet too meet someone I know who the band has worked for as yet . I know there are prob millions of ppl out there it has worked for but I know 8 ppl that are banded and not one of us has it worked for without some kind of problem...

All the best - MeJulie xx

Thanks for all your support guys, Sorry if I come across so negative, but you know when u think "if it can happen to me it will" case lol.....I have yet too meet someone I know who the band has worked for as yet . I know there are prob millions of ppl out there it has worked for but I know 8 ppl that are banded and not one of us has it worked for without some kind of problem...

All the best - MeJulie xx

:confused: aww Julie i understand your dispair but my band worked for me if plastics hadnt of damaged mine id of been a happy bander still, chin up hun this is a minor problem and can be easily sorted out, i know doesnt seem that way now but all will go well, keep doing what you have been doing till your sorted out and all should continue to go well weight wise, even maintaining till they fix you will be a good achievemnet as the change in your pics is fantastic, keep positive ok ;) x

:confused: aww Julie i understand your dispair but my band worked for me if plastics hadnt of damaged mine id of been a happy bander still, chin up hun this is a minor problem and can be easily sorted out, i know doesnt seem that way now but all will go well, keep doing what you have been doing till your sorted out and all should continue to go well weight wise, even maintaining till they fix you will be a good achievemnet as the change in your pics is fantastic, keep positive ok ;) x

Thank you Liz. ;)

Julie, I really feel for you. I hope you don't have to wait long.

Must say though you are looking fan-bloody-tastic!!

Take care ;)

Sorry you have a prob Julie hope they sort it out soon. Had my first fill Wednesday on soft food but can still eat a fair bit so wonder if it's going to help me. I do know someone who's lost 5st in a year with her band. Thinking maybe I'm not going to be so lucky and just going to have to diet real hard
Fingers crossed for op date soon
X jill

Hey Julie....sorry to hear your news, it happened to me twice :rolleyes: the first time was only 4 - 5 weeks after having it put in and I was gutted, really upset :cry:
I was only in the day for my port correction but they will change the port for a new one incase it's been damaged. They stitched it in really well and it felt tightly anchored, but by the time I went again for a fill it had flipped again...though I'd sort of guessed it had because I knew what I was feeling for and it was very promanent...when you lie flat on your back can you see it?

don't lose heart, as it may never happen again...hopefully they'll get you sorted very soon!

Yvonne x

Hey Julie....sorry to hear your news, it happened to me twice :rolleyes: the first time was only 4 - 5 weeks after having it put in and I was gutted, really upset :cry:
I was only in the day for my port correction but they will change the port for a new one incase it's been damaged. They stitched it in really well and it felt tightly anchored, but by the time I went again for a fill it had flipped again...though I'd sort of guessed it had because I knew what I was feeling for and it was very promanent...when you lie flat on your back can you see it?

don't lose heart, as it may never happen again...hopefully they'll get you sorted very soon!

Yvonne x

Hello Yvonne,

The surgeon did say I would only be a day case and would get me in sooner rather then later and also he would do it under local anaesthetic (not general) but he couldnt say when, so thats what I am worried about as its 4 weeks tomorrow and I havent lost any weight at all:sigh: .I cannot cut back any more then I am already ( just having 3 meals a day on side plate) and I been keeping me fluids up and doing what I can this end. I walked out of that hospital very very cheesed off, even the surgeon sed he could tell how dissapointed I was:rolleyes: When I think of ppl I know who dont even stick to their post op diets and abusing their ops left/right & centre and I am sticking to the "game" 100% and then this happens......Well it could only happen too me :rolleyes:

I know I havent got no choice except to keep me chin up and hope I am not waiting too long for this port correction op, I shall be ringing the hosp sometime this week too see if the surgeon has wrote me notes up and find out how soon I could be seen, I dont wanna pester em but if I dont they might forget all about me. Thank you for your kind words (thats for e1 also x ) I will keep you all posted.

Thanks once again - MeJulie x

Last edited:
Back