• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fluids

Nicnac_

Each day it's getting easier to drink I'm presuming this is normal. How quickly should it take to get back to drinking normally ie not sipping? I'm worried I'm finding it too easy

I'm 10 months out and I still sip, but they're bigger sips if that makes sense. I did gulp once as I forgot and was thirsty, it really hurt.

I was drinking virtually normally at 2 months. I cant gulp, and can only take one mouthful at a time. But it will only take me 5-10 minutes to drink a cup of tea. For me its a positive thing.

Hi,

I'm just over 6 weeks post op and find I can take normal mouthfuls now instead of sipping, but still take things slowly. I guess everyone is different and you find out what is comfortable for you by gentle experimenting or by doing it by accident and then realising it and discovering it didn't hurt.

AE.

Hi. For me, it is easy now to take a big mouthful of drink but I only can take one or two mouthfuls at a time, and then wait a while. So I no longer sip, but I can't gulp either, tried it and it really hurts.

Big mouthfuls and no gulping for me either x

I'm 4 years post op and still cant drink as i use to before surgery... I'm due to have revision surgery as my first surgery hasn't worked and ive regained the weight.... but im still not able to drink as i use to before sleeve.....

10 weeks post-op & I sip at snails pace and definitely no eating yet. Found out tonight I've got a stricture.

Aw thinnajemina I hope things get better for you soon x

Back